ILS Law College Pune, is organizing the 6th edition of its colloquium on the emerging issue of the Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) on May 15.
About the Organizer
Established in 1924, ILS Law College is one of the premier law schools in India and has been playing a pioneering role in legal education and scholarship in the country. Since its inception, ILS Law College has produced some of the most highly regarded contributors in the field of law.
The ILS Corporate Law Cell is a student-run body of ILS Law College, Pune, founded in 2009, under the aegis of the faculty- in-charges Ms. Swatee Yogesh and Ms. Ninawari Ware. The Cell was set up with the idea of extending discussions on corporate law issues beyond the classroom.
It conducts weekly discussions, activities and competitions like the Extempore Moot Court to encourage student participation and interest in corporate laws.
About the Conference
The Colloquium is an annual conference organised by the ILS Corporate Law Cell on contemporary issues in corporate law. The previous editions of the Colloquium have had discussions on Real Estate Investment Trusts, Blockchain technology, Cryptocurrencies, Restrictions on layering of subsidiaries and the Takeover code among others.
The Colloquium provides an ideal academic platform for students to discuss emerging issues of the corporate world and novel views of eminent experts in the field.
This edition of the Colloquium will be dedicated to the discussion on the emerging issue of the Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC).
About the Speakers
This edition’s speakers and their respective topics are:
- Mr. Nilanjan Sinha (Head Legal – India & SE Asia ICICI Bank) – Overview of CBDCs
- Ms. Rashmi Deshpande (Partner, Business Law chamber)- CBDC vs Cryptocurrency
- Mr. Prasanna Lohar (Vice President, Technology, DCB Bank) -Use of Blockchain Technology
- Mr. Anuroop Omkar (Partner, AK & Partners) – Key Considerations for roll out of Retail CBDCs in India
- Mr. Subhash Garg (Ex-IAS, Former Finance Secretary of India & Fiscal Policy strategist) – Issues and Effects of Taxation on CBDCs
- Mr. Sudhakar Kulkarni (Partner, Astute Securities) -Impact of Digital Currency on Financial Markets
- Mr. Anu Tiwari (Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas) – CBDC: Trends and Future
All students, practitioners, professors and academicians in the field of business and corporate laws are gladly invited.
ILS Centre for Arbitration (ILSCA),ILS Law College, Law College Road, Pune – 411004, Maharashtra.
- Registration Fee for ILS Students: INR 850 (including GST @ 18%)
- Registration Fee for Non- ILS students and Professionals: INR 950 (including GST @ 18%)(Including Lunch, Tea and Reading Material)
- Payment Mode : Payment can be done online through SBI Direct, Net Banking and Credit Card only. Debit Cards payments are NOT acceptable.
Last Date for Registration: May 14, 2022
- Student Co-ordinators
- Akshita Bhandari (+91 75181 65666)
- Shaivi Awasthy (+91 90098 66391)
- Yamini Jain (+91 91563 71108)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.