ABOUT LEGAL HACKERS
Legal Hackers is a global movement of lawyers, policymakers, designers, technologists, and academics who explore and develop creative solutions to some of the most pressing issues at the intersection of law and technology.
Through local meetups, hackathons, and workshops, Legal Hackers spot issues and opportunities where technology can improve and inform the practice of law and where law, legal practice, and policy can adapt to rapidly changing technology.
We are explorers. We are doers. We are Legal Hackers.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Lawyers, technologists, designers, academicians, law students, and policymakers in one place! A casual environment, open to everyone and all ideas, that is creative, passionate, and fun!
This is what Legal Hackers’ events are all about! And we are bringing Legal Hackers to Chandigarh!
THIS IS OUR FIRST EVENT, AND HERE’S A BRIEF, FLEXIBLE AGENDA:
3 PM-3.15 PM: Registrations and networking (Since this is an event where we co-create, please be on time).
3.15 PM-3.45 PM: An introduction to Legal Hackers.
3.45 PM-4.15 PM: Brief introductions by all the members at the meet-up.
4.15 PM-5 PM- Co-creating Chandigarh Legal Hackers.
- What does Chandigarh need at the intersection of law/policy, design and technology?
- What future events can we launch (the events can be around ‘learning’, ‘doing’, and ‘discussing’)?
- What challenges could we face as a chapter?
- Who are our partners here?
5 PM-5.30 PM- Networking (if time permits)
LOCATION AND DATE
Location: Work Cave Coworking (SCO 224, Level 1 and 2 Sector 37 C/D), Chandigarh, India.
Date: January 12, 2020 (Sunday).
Timings: 3 PM to 5.30 PM
Dress code: Casuals (lawyers, put away your formals for a few hours)!
Dual Licensed Attorney, India, and New York
Best Indian Law Student 2017 Awardee
Fellow – Pennsylvania State University
Founding CEO, Lawctopus.com
NUJS Kolkata 2013 graduate
Author: Law as a Career (LexisNexis)
- All Legal Hackers chapters across the world are independent, non-commercial, non-profit, and non-political/non-advocacy groups.
- All our events are free and open to the public. To finance events, we are open for in-kind partnerships (food, beverage, venue, etc.), sponsorships. We might also have ‘suggested donations’ for event participants.