Chanakya National Law University is organizing a One-Day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE: A PARADIGM SHIFT” which focuses on creating a nation-wide conversation providing an opportunity to students, academicians, law professionals and all other stakeholders to put forward their research and share their knowledge on wide range of topics relating to Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and related subjects.
The purpose of the Seminar is to provoke discussion and debate on a range of topics and including subjects like Bankruptcy for Corporate, Insolvency Professional, traditional knowledge protection, amongst others. The agenda is kept deliberately broad and the discussions are intended to be accessible to a general audience.
The Seminar program offers high-level content relevant not only to students pursuing law or any other academic degree but also to young innovators from different fields; advocates, policy advisors, academicians, judicial officers and a range of government and non-government organizations to engage in a dialogue on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
Through this initiative, we want our students and faculty to develop a broader perspective of their responsibility to society and to give them an opportunity to listen to experiences, researches and findings of our esteemed panel of speakers, guests, academicians as well as students.
The Seminar will also provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members in the region to exchange insights, explore current policy and practice issues, and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interests and expertise.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite articles, case notes and research papers on the theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the Seminar on the following e-mail ID: [email protected].
- Legal and Regulatory Framework of IBC, 2016.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- The IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018.
- The IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2018.
- The IBBI (Fast Track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018.
- The IBBI (Insolvency Professional) (Amendment) Regulation,2018.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act 2018 versus The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act,
- A Critique of IBC, 2016.
- Timeline is Essence: IBC, 2016.
- Emerging Jurisprudence.
- IBC: A Boon for Entrepreneurship.
- IBC: Leads to Ease of Doing Business.
- IBC: A Review from International Perspective.
- Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process.
- Initiative of Process by Financial/Operational Creditor.
- Corporate Debtor/Applicant.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy for Individual and Partnership.
- Fast Track Resolution.
- Information Utilities: Evolution under IBC, 2016.
- Role of Insolvency Professional Agencies.
- Role of Insolvency Professional.
- Bankruptcy Trustee: Role and Function.
- Financial Creditors and Operational Creditors under IBC, 2016.
- Priority of Claims and the Bankruptcy Code.
- Cross Border Insolvency.
- Rights of Secured and Unsecured Creditors under IBC, 2016.
- Voluntary Liquidation of Corporate Entity.
- Compulsory Liquidation of Corporate Entity.
- Bankruptcy V/S SARFAESI.
- IBC 2016: Implementation Challenges.
- Effect of Bankruptcy on Debtors.
- Effect of Bankruptcy on Creditors.
NOTE: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The author may submit the research paper on any topic related to the theme.
All submissions must be made in Soft Copy to [email protected], on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in word document format. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the Paper.
Papers guaranteeing merit shall be published in a book with ISBN number. The University reserves the discretion of the selection of the paper. There will be an ISBN number book that will also be published by the University that will contain selected number of papers.
Registration form (given in the brochure below) along with Demand Draft and Abstract is to be sent via post (In case of Demand Draft, kindly mention your name and the name of event, “IBC Seminar” at the back of the demand draft). The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of:
REGISTRAR, CHANAKYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, PATNA, payable at Patna.
The post shall be sent at the following address:
Chanakya National Law University, Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna – 800001, Bihar
Students/Research Scholars: ₹500 (co-authors have to register separately)
Academicians/Professionals: ₹750 (co-authors have to register separately)
On Spot Registration (Students/Research Scholars): ₹750
On Spot Registration (Academicians/Professionals): ₹1000
NOTE: The registration fee includes seminar kit, breakfast, lunch, high tea and access to all technical sessions on the day of seminar. Registration fee does not include accommodation charges (No TA/DA).
Last Date for Registration and Abstract Submission along with fee: 20th of March, 2019
Last Date for Full Paper Submission: 30rd of March, 2019
Date of Seminar: 13th of April, 2019
- ANKITA BHUSHAN : 9523055401
- SUBHAM JAIN : 9523819962
- KR. VIKRAM ADITYA : 9470484257
- UTKARSH : 8544326593
- SHASHI : 9905842814
- VIKASH KR. RANJAN : 7519992991
For full details, view the brochure given here.