CMR University’s School of Legal Studies, Bangalore is conducting its 1st National Mediation Competition, 2022, to be held offline.
About the University
CMR University, School of Legal Studies strives to attract and facilitate the foray of enterprising, smart, and intelligent young individuals into the legal profession. The Law School seeks to emphasize on the integration of enterprising initiatives and creative programs in the curricular activity, transcending conventional academic orientation so as to inculcate within each of its students, a vibrant and more real outlook towards life and career.
About the Mediation Competition
The CMR 1st National Mediation Competition, 2022 is the culmination of the efforts of the Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution to spread awareness and equip students with necessary skills in the areas of alternate dispute resolution.
The Centre for ADR has the vision to promote the use of ADR methods among the legal and non-legal professionals, students, and the general public at large. The Centre envisions a society that values harmony, peaceful co-existence, and diversity.
The skills involved in ADR methods are not only for amicably resolving disputes and disagreements but these are life skills that are needed for all of us. Mediation as a method of dispute resolution is gaining immense popularity owing to the amicable nature of the settlement.
Disputes are increasingly being settled outside the Court to save time, cost, and effort. This competition will enable the students to gain practical insights and have an enriching learning experience.
Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. degree course in any institution in India.
Bengaluru, Karnataka (India).
How to Register for the Competition?
Participating Teams shall duly fill and submit the registration form by clicking on the link given at the end of this post on or before May 31, 2022 by 11:59 PM.
The Teams must upload the payment details on the abovementioned form.
- Registration fee (w/o accommodation): Rs. 3,500/-
- Registration fee (with accommodation): Rs. 4,000/-
Payment can be made via NEFT/Bank Transfer to the following bank details:
- Account Name: CMR University, School of Legal Studies
- Account Number: 39431978708
- Bank Name: State Bank of India, Lingarajapuram
- Branch Address: St. Thomas Road, Lingarajapuram, Bangalore
- SWIFT Code: SBININBBM37
- RTGS/IFSC Code: SBIN0040283
- Winning mediating pair: Rs. 15,000
- Runner-up mediating pair: Rs. 10,000
- Best mediator: Rs. 7,500
- Runner-up mediator: Rs. 5,000
Last Date for Registration: May 31st, 2022 11:59 PM
- Prof. (Dr.) V.J. Praneshwaran (Director, CMRU SOLS): +91 7204447330
- Adv. Vidya Selvamony (Faculty Coordinator, Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution): +91 9448276715
- Hariharan: +91 7259249526
- Sampreet Pal: +91 9113657424
- Vaidehi Rastogi: +91 9535496045
- Priyadarshini G: +91 9994727310
- Vishnu Sudarshan P: +91 7259802626
- Shana Stanley: +91 9048319633
Click here for the official details of the competition.