The CMR VII National Moot Court Competition, 2020 will be held from 10th – 13th December, 2020 in a virtual format at CMR University, School of Legal Studies, Bengaluru.
About the Competition
The CMR National Moot Court Competition, the flagship event at CMR University, School of Legal Studies is a biennial event. Currently in its seventh edition, this event has in the past attracted diverse participation by law schools from all over the country, thereby providing a forum for many law students to prove their mettle and further their careers by arguing on some of the most thoughtfully crafted problems on burning legal issues.
Owing to the ongoing global pandemic the School of Legal Studies, CMRU resolves to organise this VII National Moot Court Competition on a virtual platform. Further, this seventh edition is proposed to be organised on the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th of December, 2020.
Team Eligibility & Team Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three year or five-year Law degree from any recognized institution in India.
- Only one team shall be permitted to participate from each institution.
- Participating institutions shall register a team consisting of three members with two of the members designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third designated as ‘Researcher’.
Participants shall register through the online link, here.
- There shall be a Registration cap of 30 teams, and the registration will be accepted on a first come first serve basis
- Teams that have completed Registration in accordance with the procedure mentioned hereinabove, shall be assigned a Team Code. Thenceforth, all correspondence to the Organizing Committee shall specifically be done by mentioning only the Team Code.
- Upon allocation of the team code, the teams shall use the same in all of their presentations and submissions and endeavour to conceal the name of their parent institution at all times.
- No alteration in the Team Composition shall be permitted after the receipt of the registration forms.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
- Account Name: CMR University, School of Legal Studies
- Account Number: 39431978708
- Bank Name: State Bank of India
- Branch Address: St. Thomas Road Lingarajpuram
- Swift Code: SBININBBM37
- RTGS Code/IFSC Code: SBIN0040283
Clarifications regarding the moot proposition shall be sought only via e-mail nmcc[at]cmr.edu.in latest by 01.12.2020 (11:59 pm IST.).
Any and all clarifications regarding the Rules & Regulations shall be sought only via e-mail at nmcc[at]cmr.edu.in.
Any other queries may be directed at the following persons of the Organising Committee :
- Vaishali Kabra: +91 9859569293
- Vishnu Sudarshan: +91 7259802626
- Natasha K: +91 8150830650
You might be interested in the following:
Online Certificate Course by Lawctopus: ‘Litigation Basics: Reading Case Files, Making Court Briefs’ [Dec 5-Jan 25]
Law school unfortunately teaches us very little about the skills we need to practice in courts.
When you join a law office for the first time as an intern or a junior associate, it is natural to feel lost and unable to understand what’s expected of you.
Your seniors or even colleagues will not have the bandwidth to train you or explain the intricacies of the practice before assigning you complex tasks, given their unending workload.
This course is designed to equip you with the necessary skill-set to become a resource at your workplace by making a good impression on any litigation lawyer or a law firm and while arguing in Court.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.