About the Opportunity
The Clinton Global Initiative University is looking for higher education student leaders for its one-year round online program of 2021.
About CGI U
Building on the successful model of the Clinton Global Initiative, President Bill Clinton launched the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) in 2007 to engage the next generation of leaders on college campuses around the world. Each year, they challenge students to make Commitments to Action: new, specific, and measurable initiatives that address pressing challenges.
Through their program, students participate in leadership development, mentorship, skills training, and partnership building, with the experience culminating in the CGI U Annual Meeting, where commitment-makers across the world come together to learn how to turn their ideas into action.
CGI U are looking for undergraduate and graduate students across the world who are motivated to make a positive change in the areas of education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation, and public health.
Students accepted into CGI U will participate in a year-round program that includes access to:
- High-touch mentorship;
- A social impact curriculum;
- Funding streams; and
- Student engagement events, including the CGI U 2021 virtual annual meeting hosted by Howard University.
Additional programming will also be offered to students through partnerships with the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, with a focus on civic issues and fiscal sustainability; IBM to help students develop app-based projects that address COVID-19 and climate change through Call for Code; and Verizon to help students develop innovative technology solutions to pressing domestic issues, with the opportunity to win a spot in an accelerator program and pitch for seed funding.
Students are eligible to apply
- If he/she has never previously been accepted to CGI U,
- Is at least 18 years of age, and
- Is currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning at the time of application.
- Students may only submit one Commitment to Action; duplicate applications will not be considered.
Please Note: If an interested candidate has a disability and needs a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the selection process, please contact the CGI U team at cgiu[at]clintonglobalinitiative.org
Application and Selection
- Applications will be reviewed by the CGI U Selection Committee.
- All applicants will be notified of admissions decisions in February 2021.
- The CGI U Selection Committee is committed to selecting a diverse cohort of students – representing different backgrounds, experiences, regions, institutions, academic studies, and project areas – that demonstrate the motivation to tackle specific challenges, the capacity to develop their leadership skills, and a dedication to CGI U’s year-long program.
More posts that you might be interested in
- Call for Submissions by Harvard Law Review [HLR]: Submissions Accepted on a Rolling Basis
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2021 [May-Sep]: Apply by Jan 31
- World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Program [Student Exchange]: Apply by Feb 28
- The Breakthrough Institute Generation Fellowship 2021: Apply by Feb 12