Climate Jamboree comprises a series of lead up events running through June to October 2018, and culminating in a Grand Finale (1-3 November 2018) The lead up events are designed to start an engagement process for youth from different disciplines and different walks of life with sustainability thinking, which would get honed further in the Finale.
About the Event
Environmental jurisprudence in India has been evolving for many years now. This needs to be expanded to cover issues related to climate change and several aspects of sustainable development. In fact, the Agenda 2030 document emphasizes the need to look at all SDGs in an integrated, indivisible manner. But, is our judicial system attuned to this approach?
The ‘Legal Eyes’ is an attempt to evaluate the readiness of the Indian judicial system to promote sustainable development.
The activity is open for all LL.B students from India and involves identifying appropriate judgment/s of the Supreme Court of India & High Courts relating to the environmental/social protection and critically analyze them from the SDG perspective.
What do you have to do
Identify an appropriate judgement of the Supreme Court of India/High Courts relating to environmental/social protection.
Critically analyse the judgment from the SDG perspective. Examples:
- Poverty Alleviation(SDG 1)
- Gender Equality (SDG 5)
Each paper will be evaluated at two levels.
- Internal Committee: Who will check plagiarism, word limit, footnoting and other technical requirements
- External Jury: Three renowned legal academics/law practitioners from outside TERI SAS who are specialized in environmental law.
Rules and regulations
- You can participate as an individual and submit only one entry. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- A certificate from the head of the institute indicating that the participant is a bonafide LL. B student
- The analysis should be of up to 2000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Mandatory to follow the Blue Book style footnoting. Structured into headings, sub-headings etc.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions before proceeding with the registration process
- Call for Submissions: 12 July 2018
- Last date to make submissions: 15 September 2018
- Announcement of results: 15 October 2018
- Presentation of best works at Climate Jamboree: 1-3 November 2018
Email: [email protected]
For official website, click here.
This post was first published on:
6 Aug 2018