School of Law, Mody University is organizing a National Seminar on Women’s Rights and Human Rights on April 30, 2022.
About the Organizer
Mody University of Science and Technology, formerly Mody University, is a private women’s university located in Lakshmangarh in Rajasthan, India. It was established in 1998 by Mr. R.P. Mody, an industrialist and philanthropist.
Many students seem interested in courses related to law. For the females, Mody University has a separate faculty for law, which gives them a proper understanding of everything from a legal point of view.
About the Seminar
Despite several movements around elevating the status of women in society, several legal provisions and amendments were made and struck down for the same, these provisions did not bring the desired changes in the Status of women. The Constitutional armoury and myriad Act passed by the Indian Parliament could not cut much ice and could not elevate the social and economic status of Indian women.
This seminar is being organized to hold a threadbare discussion about the status of women in India in the light of national and international laws. This platform would also examine the inequality prevailing in the society despite the plethora of laws.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from interested participants through a call for papers on the theme and sub-themes listed below.
Theme and Sub-themes
Theme: ‘All women rights are Human Rights- Myth or Reality’
- Women and equality of Status
- Judiciary and women Justice
- Women and the Criminal Law system in India
- Status of Women under International Law
- Fundamental Duties and Status of Women
- Right to protect modesty and privacy
- Right to inheritance, succession, and maintenance of women in India
- Right to choice-with reference to the M.T.P. Act, 1971, PNDT Act, 1994, and live-in relationship
Above identified sub-themes are only illustrative. Participants may select relative topics of their choice covered under the main theme.
- Abstract submission: April 22, 2022 (not more than 250 words)
- Full Paper/Last date of Registration: April 27, 2022
Registration Fee: Rs. 200, including Lunch and participation certificate
Rs. 150/- will be required to attend the Seminar, and a participation certificate will be given.
Accommodation: Provided on request and is payable (Before April 27, 2022)
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Branch: Lakshmangarh – 332311, Distt.-Sikar (Raj.)
- A/c Holder Name: MUST – School of Legal Studies
- A/c Number: 11932091000057 (SB A/C)
- IFSC Code: PUNB0119310
The Abstract, Full paper and payment receipt shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; for confirmation.
Note: A book on the Status of women is intended to be published. Selected articles will be included in that book which will be peer-reviewed book.
Selection/Rejection of paper will be duly intimated to participants.
- +91 94140-47320
- +91 97849-72573
- +91 93588-42201
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com