About the University:
Established in the year 1943, Utkal University is the first and premier University in the State of Odisha and has been accredited A+ grade by NAAC. The University is now situated in the heart of Bhubaneswar.
It first started functioning at M.S. Law College, Cuttack which is the first teaching department of Utkal University.
At present, the University has twenty-seven postgraduate teaching and research departments, 15 sponsored course, 3 UGC sponsored innovative programmes and 3 constituent departments.
In recognition to its contribution in the field of research and training, teaching and placement, the University has been granted autonomous status by HRD, Govt. of India.
Objectives of the seminar:
In the electronic age, wide range of activities is performed with the use of internet which has a great deal of impact on business and its practices. These business transactions occur through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) with the growth of
So, e-contract is a contract modelled, executed and enacted by a software system. Computer programs are used to automate business processes that govern e-contracts. Electronic contract which has received statutory recognition under
Information Technology Act, 2000 is primarily governed by the provisions of Indian Contract Act, 1872.
It is designed to assist people in formulating and implementing commercial contracts policies within e-businesses. E-contracts can be mapped to inter-related programs, which have to be specified carefully to satisfy the contract requirements.
These programs do not have the capabilities to handle complex relationships between parties to an e-contract.
Guidelines Submission for Abstract and Paper:
Authors are requested to send their abstract and final paper at [email protected] in the format given below:
- Maximum two authors are allowed per paper.
- The abstract should not be more than 350 words.
- The abstract and final paper must accompany with a cover letter with following details such as: Theme, Title of the Paper, Name of the Author(s), Name of the Institute/ University/ Organization, E-mail Address, Mobile number.
- The abstract and final paper has to be submitted in PDF format.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes. Reference and footnote should be in Times New Roman font 10, with line spacing 1.
- The subject of the mail should be the name of the author and name of the research paper.
- The author should send his/ her original and unpublished work. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- Preference will be given to case study or empirical work.
- Authors of selected paper will be given chance to present their paper. They can present through MS Power Point.
- The hard copies of the registration form to be submitted at the venue.
Word Limit (s) (exclusive of footnotes):
Articles: It must comprehensively analyse a specific issue including the status quo, indicating the lacunae and potential solutions. Author may compare the law of other jurisdictions to strengthen the argument in between 8,000 and 10,000 words.
Short Articles: They are more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. It should be between
5,000 and 8,000 words.
Case Commentaries: A comment critiques a recent judgement, landmark case or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or a state legislature in between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
The legal issues and challenges of Online contracts inclusive but not exclusive of the following themes:
- 1. The Validity and Recognition of E-Contract.
- The Jurisdiction of Courts under Electronic Contracts.
- The Evidentiary Value of Electronic Contract.
- The other existing Legal Standards in the Context of Electronic Transactions. The Challenges on Enforceability of Online Contracts.
- Comparative Analysis on Traditional Contract and Online Contract.
- Globalisation and online contract.
- Challenges on enforceability of online contract
- Technology, crime and its changing patterns
- Social Media & Legal Problems
- Online contract: laws in India and other developed countries.
NOTE: The above list of Themes and Sub-themes are indicative and paper based on any other topics relevant to the seminar will also be accepted.
Academicians, Professionals, People from industry, Research Scholars and Students.
1. Last Date of Final Paper Submission: 20th February, 2019
2. Last date for online Registration: 25th February, 2019 (Please send scan copy of the registration form to [email protected]).
3. Seminar Date: 1st March, 2019
- Prof. Madhu Sudan Dash (Mob: 94373 16100).
- Dr. Gyanendra Kumar Sahu (Mob: 93371 27414).
- Email: [email protected]
For details and application form click here.