Nirma University Law Journal – ISSN Number 2249-1430
The NULJ is now accepting submissions for its special edition to be published in 2018. Submissions for scholarly, original and unpublished written works from people across the legal profession – students, academicians and practitioners – are invited, to be published in the Journal.
About the journal
The Journal Committee of Institute of Law, Nirma University hereby invites articles/ research papers, case studies, and book reviews on law and allied areas for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal (December 2018 Issue) bearing ISSN Number 2249-1430.
The journal is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed publication from Institute of Law, Nirma University. It showcases contemporary issues and challenges specific to law, with an interdisciplinary approach towards assimilating knowledge.
It is an endeavour of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across the academic and research fraternity. The Journal is indexed in Manupatra and SCC Online and is recognized by University Grants Commission vide journal no. 49209.
The journal invites submission on the broad topic of “Internet and Society”. The sub-topics may include:
- Multi-stakeholder Internet Governance;
- Latest developments in Cyberspace (AI, Blockchain, Crypto Currency etc.);
- Cybercrimes and Criminal Investigation;
- Self-presentation on Social Media;
- Algorithm and Privacy issues;
- Right to be forgotten;
- Internet and Surveillance;
- Cyberspace Human Rights and
- Internet and Consent.
The authors are free to write on other sub-topic related to the broad topic mentioned above.
- Word Limit: Submissions should not exceed:
- Research papers (4,000- 6,000 words),
- Short notes (2000-3000 words),
- Book reviews (1000-2000 words), and
- Case studies/commentaries (1000-3000 words).
- Eligibility: Entries from students pursuing Bachelors or Masters in Law and allied discipline of Social Science. academicians and professionals would be accepted.
- Authorship: Maximum of two authors per entry.
- Citation Style: The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to. The main text should be in Times New Roman, size 12 with a 1.5 line spacing and the footnotes shall be in size 10 with 1.0 line spacing.
- The journal is guided by a well defined ‘Ethical policy’ which gives no scope for plagiarized submission. Thus, authors are strictly requested to follow the plagiarism policy for academic submissions published by UGC.
- The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal. Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately. Nirma University Law Journal is not to subject to any liability which may arise in this regard.
- Submission of work to Nirma University Law Journal, is indicative of the fact that the authors grant exclusive permission to NULJ to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
- The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, outrightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
- A process of peer-review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the authors of selected papers will be notified of the results.
Submission of full paper: 25th Nov 2018
Intimation of Reviewed papers: 20th Dec 2018
Publication of Journal: 25th Dec 2018
For any further queries, kindly contact us Namrata Dubey at [email protected].