Center of Excellence in Intellectual Property Rights, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad in collaboration with Institution’s Innovation Council, IFHE, Hyderabad is organizing a Two- day National E-Conference on “Intellectual Property Rights: Breaking Conventionalities and Future Prospects” The conference will be conducted on 17th and 18th April 2021.
About the Organizers
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad is a Deemed University established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 and accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade. IFHE offers Management, Engineering and Law Courses and it provides world class, innovative, career-oriented professional programs through inclusive technology-aided pedagogies to equip students with the requisite professional and life skills as well as social sensitivity and high sense of ethics. The university strives to create an intellectually stimulating environment for research, more particularly into areas bearing on the socio-economic and cultural development of the state and the nation.
The ICFAI Law School is a significant segment of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad and recognized by the Bar Council of India. ICFAI Law School envisions to develop a new cadre of professionals who will not only command high level of domain proficiency but also can integrate activities for developing scientific and technological solutions.
About the Opportunity
In the present era of technology, the existing intellectual property regime has witnessed a significant paradigm shift
with the change in time. Intellectual property protection acts as an important business tool in the hands of innovators, researchers, start-ups, industries, and companies. The advent of new innovations with newer forms of protection gives rise to effective competition in the market but at the same time leads to various debatable issues at the heart of the existing form of protection. The conference will also provide an insight into the momentum created by the Atma-nirbhar Bharat and Make in India on the intellectual property regime which has opened up unique opportunities for individuals, start-ups, MSMEs, and entrepreneurs to enter into the arena of entrepreneurship to form a self-reliant nation.
The objective of this conference is to provide a platform for academicians, professionals, researchers, and students to
discuss and provide a solution to various key issues and operational challenges raised by changing dimensions of
existing intellectual property regime. The conference will provide valuable insight into the various challenges faced
by authors, innovators, and proprietors of intellectual property assets during different stages of the Lifecycle of an IP
asset including development, protection, management, enforcement and to accelerate collaboration of all
Stakeholders under the Intellectual Property system.
Call for Papers
The Conference invites original research articles on various areas of intellectual property rights in the form of full-
length scholarly papers documenting substantial research work. Contributions are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and students focusing on the emerging areas of IPR laws. Research Articles may
be submitted from any of the substantive areas of IPR, including but not limited to the following themes of the
- Intellectual Property Rights in Digital Era v Technology transfer and Development
- Towards a sui Generis System
- Intellectual Property Rights and Policy
- Changing Paradigm of Intellectual Property
For complete list of themes and sub-themes, see the brochure.
- Submissions for presentation in the conference are to be mailed the form of an abstract of 500 words and full research papers (Not less than 5000 words)with footnotes in bluebook 20th edition format.The research paper is to be typed in Font Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5, headings to be typed in font size 14 Bold and footnotes in font size 10.
- The abstract should be of 400-500 words with minimum five keywords and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s details.
- All the submissions are to be sent to email ID: email@example.com.
All the accepted full research papers submitted before deadline will be published in a book form with ISBN number.
The presentation of accepted research paper is mandatory for the purpose of publication.
- Best Researcher: Rs. 3,000
- Second Best Paper: Rs. 2,000
- Third Best Paper: Rs. 1,500
- Academicians/Researchers: Rs. 1,500
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 1,000
- Last Date for registration: March 31, 2021
- Account No.: 020201007037
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Account: IFHE – Seminars & Workshops A/c
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Address: Nerella House, No.4, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC Code: ICIC0000202
- Branch Code: 202
- Last date for submission of abstract: 15th March, 2021
- Last date for submission of full papers: 31st March, 2021
- Last date for submitting PPT: 10th April, 2021
- Intimation of acceptance: Within 48 hours of submission
Dr. S. V. Damodar Reddy
Associate Professor, ICFAI Law School
Mobile: +91 9440238077
Mr. Dilip Sharma
Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School
Keep following our ‘Conferences and Seminars‘ section for more such learning opportunities.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.