Jagran Lake University (JLU Bhopal) is organizing a National e-Seminar on Effects of Climate Change on Contemporary World on June 4th-5th. This event is being organized in collaboration with NLSIU, CEERA.
Papers are invited for presentation at the e-seminar.
About the Organizers
JLU, Bhopal: Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal is a private university established under Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 and is based out of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Currently, the university is offering 56-degree programs to more than 2500 students from 8 countries and 27 states of India.
CELCC: Centre for Environmental Law and Climate Change. The goal of the center is to sensitize the students and each section of the society to think responsibly about the present challenges our environment is facing due to the sudden competitive activities among the various nations.
NLSIU, Bangalore: The National Law School of India University, the Nation’s premier law university, came into existence through a Notification under the National Law School of India University Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986). It signified the culmination of efforts by the Judiciary, the Bar Council of India, the Karnataka Bar Council, the Bangalore University, and the Government of Karnataka to reform legal education and to establish a center of excellence for legal education and research in India.
CEERA: Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), established in 1997 is a benefactor of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF), Government of Karnataka, the Bar and the Bench in India and abroad.
About the e-Seminar
With the increasing need to address the impact of climate change on society to ensure sustainable livelihood particularly in developing countries like India, JLU and NLSIU are organizing this seminar. The purpose is to provide a common platform for the legal experts, academicians, researchers and students to bring out, discuss and deliberate how the burning issue of climate change is being tackled around the world, and propose solutions relevant to India. The outcome of the seminar will enhance the understanding of participants and provide policy inputs related to the theme.
The broad theme areas include (but not confined to) the following
- Climate change and disaster management.
- Climate change and climate protection.
- Climate change and its impact on Aquatic Environment.
- Climate change vis-à-vis Indigenous People.
- Climate change, displacement and refugees.
- Dealing with climate change: Poverty and gender issues.
- Paris agreement and India’s commitment.
- India’s Legal regime towards decarbonization.
- Climate change and Technology.
- Agriculture, Forests, water resources, and climate change.
Submission Guidelines (Abstract)
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- Multiple entries shall lead to disqualification.
- The abstract shall not exceed more than 300 words including keywords. The abstract must be accompanied by a Cover page which must include the following details:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author and Co-author (if any)
- Contact details of Author and Co-author (if any)
- The Abstract shall be submitted to cecc_sol[at]jlu.edu.in on or before 30th of April, 2021 in MS- Word file format.
- While submitting abstract the subject of the mail must be “Abstract Submission” with the Name of Author and Co-author (if any).
- The MS Word file must be named in the manner which is as follows:
- Name of the Author and Co-author (if any) followed by the title of the work.
Submission Guidelines (Manuscripts)
- The title of the manuscript shall be followed by Name of the author(s), the Name of the University/ Institution, and the E-mail address.
- The manuscript should be submitted in MS-Word (.doc/.docx)format only.
- For citation, Bluebook style – 20th Edition shall be followed.
- All manuscript submissions shall only be made in soft copies along with the duly signed certificate of originality to cecc_sol[at]jlu.edu.in on or before the 25th of May 2021.
- While submitting a manuscript the subject of the mail must be“Manuscript Submission” with the Name of Author and Co-author (if any)
- The MS-word file of the manuscript must be named in the manner which is as follows:
- Name of the Author and Co-author (if any) followed by title of the work. Example “Sanjeev Gupta– Climate change and International perspective”
- The maximum word limit for the paper is 4000 words excluding footnotes
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 10th of April 2021
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract: 13th of May 2021
- Last date for the payment of fees: 15th of May 2021
- Last date for the Manuscript Submission: 25th of May 2021
- Seminar date: 4th and 5th of June 2021
Faculty member, Research scholar, professionals and students are eligible to participate
|Single Author||Co-author||Only participation|
|Professionals and academicians||650||650||300|
For more details on the payment, refer to the brochure.
Click here to register for the e-seminar.
All participants shall be provided with E-Certificates only on their registered mail id.
In case of any query kindly reach us by writing an email at cecc_sol[at]jlu.edu.in
Keep following our ‘Conferences and Seminars‘ section for more such learning opportunities.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.