La Senatus Scriptor (LSS) is organizing its 1st National Case Commentary Competition, 2021 with prizes worth 6,000 and publication in the ISSN 2582-6638.
La Senatus Scriptors is an initiative in the legal fraternity by extremely exuberant individuals. The entire end in view behind this journal is to mold a complete legal-friendly platform. Having said this, with utmost pleasure, we invite an in-depth analysis work of cases – Case Commentaries.
About the Journal
La Senatus Sriptors [ISSN- 2582-6638] is open access, standard peer-reviewed journal. This platform encourages expressionism from young minds. Research topics and the evolution of law through judicial pronouncements are not explored just by lawmakers but the society at large in this technologically-backed and ever-changing framework. A publication in this journal equips one to write flawlessly and aids in claiming proficiency.
The Editorial Committee attaches a report along with every case commentary. This report is the key for students to know their level of commitment and excellence. The scorecard for every work will be mailed personally. The most deserving will be awarded accordingly. Hereby, we present the call for case commentaries.
About the Competition
La Senatus Scriptors enthusiastically welcomes submissions of case commentaries for the National Level Case Commentary Competition, 2021. We establish a holistic approach to research and writing. We are duty-bound to judge unbiasedly. The case comments will be judged on the following 10 criteria:
- Extent of research
- Knowledge of Law and Facts
- Interpretation of Cases and related statutes
- Clarity, brevity and style
- Ingenuity of thought, original thinking
- Use of authorities and citations
- Writing and logical structuring
- Strengths and weaknesses of the matter
- Clear and concise writing style
- Appropriate starting, ending and breaking of paragraphs
May the most deserving win!
Anyone who is passionate about research and its nuances.
Participants can work on any case law as per their choice.
- 1st Position: Cash Prize of 5000 INR + Free Publication worth 800 INR + Certificate of Merit + LOR + Editor’s Report
- 2nd Position: Free Publication worth 800 INR + Certificate of Merit + LOR + Editor’s Repor
- 3rd Position: Free Publication worth 800 INR + Certificate of Merit + Editor’s Report
- Top 10 Positions: Certificate of Merit + Editor’s Report
- To All The Participants: Editor’s Report (Only soft copies will be provided)
Word Limit (Subject to Relaxation)
Case Commentaries (1000-3000 words including footnotes)
- An abstract of not more than 300 words is mandatory.
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format.
- The title of the commentary should be appropriate.
- The submission should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling, and other errors.
- 20th Blue Book edition method for citation must be followed.
- The body of the content shall be in Garamond, font size 12, Single line spacing.
- Footnotes should be in Garamond, size 10, single line spacing.
- A margin of 4 centimeters shall be left on all sides of the paper.
- Page borders shall not be used.
- One line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
- All paragraphs must begin with a one-inch indent.
- All hyperlinks must be in black color and must not be underlined.
How to Submit?
All submissions must be mailed to lasenatusscriptors[at]outlook.com. The subject of the mail must be “1st Case Commentary Competition”.
(P.S: Only soft copies of the certificate will be provided)
A cover letter with the Name(s) of the Author(s), Institution/Affiliation, the Title of the Manuscript and Contact Information including mail ID and Mobile Number; An undertaking as to the work submitted is genuine and the author is the original owner of the work, and the same is not published anywhere before. The same must be furnished in a separate word document.
- Submission of Commentaries: April 2nd, 2020.
- Competition Results: April 5, 2020
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.