Jus Dicere is nation’s leading organization working towards empowering law students.
We at Jus Dicere, encourage individuals to present their research work in social, economic and political areas which are all pragmatic ingredients of the legal field. The medium can be anything from a blog or a publication to an event.
The Constitution of India, 1950 was enforced on 26th of January, 1950 giving the last finishing touch to India becoming an independent and self governed nation. The Constitution of India replaced the various acts and statutes that loosely held the governance of this magnanimous nation, most prominent being the acts of 1935 and 1919.
The drafting of the Constitution of India was a highly meticulous process taking into account the diversity of the nation and paying attention to the fact that all these people divided by barriers of geography, language and religion are adequately represented paying heed to the maintenance of unity as the paramount consideration.
The purpose of the Constitution still remains the same, holding on to the basic constitutional principles that govern this nation adapting and amending to the forces of change over the years.
This symposium attempts to draw from the evolution of Constitution of India that was documented in the archives and the constitutional assembly debates as well as observing the changes that have swept through the over 100 amendments that have taken place and critically appraise the present situation as well as comment upon the need for the future.
We seek proposals in form of paper from all Eminent Scholars, Academicians, Practitioners, Lawyers, Students and Experts to contribute in the symposium.
Paper should not merely address the issue but also conceptualise views and arguments of the author on current scenario.
The paper must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article, beyond the existing available literature and the practical utility of his/her recommendations.
All paper selected for presentation shall be published in special book by Jus Dicere (Subject to fulfillment of publication policy)
Suggested Themes & Sub Themes
For the purpose of paper presentation the themes and sub-theme are listed below, sub-themes are indicative of relevant research areas to give the prospective authors innovative prepositions about the ambit of discussion during the course of symposium.
However, the authors may draw upon issues not limited to but touching upon the same for abstract submission and paper presentation.
Central Theme – Evolution of Constitutional Law
The different avenues of Constitutional Law that we will explore herein are –
- Constitutional Governance: Executive Portions of the Constitutional Law
- Liberty in Light of the Constitution of India: From Fundamental Rights to Section 377
- Judicial and Legislative Review of the Constitution
- Competing theories of Constitutional Interpretation
How to Participate
If you wish to present paper at symposium, kindly submit us your abstract of the paper you would like to present at below mentioned link at earliest, but not later than September 05th, 2018.
If your abstract is selected, your final paper must be submitted on or before September 15th, 2018 along with registration form & participation fees.
In order to present a paper in symposium, participant must have to submit paper & abstract as per guidelines available here.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two persons.
- It is mandatory that at least one author may be present for paper presentation.
- However, each co-author has to mandatorily register themselves individually on payment of mentioned registration fee.
- All the abstracts & paper will be subject to blind peer review.
- The registration procedure and the registration forms details would be furnished subsequently.
- Paper presenters will be given ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- The seminar is open not only to law students but also to students, paralegals, civil society organizations, academicians of other disciplines.
- Research Question
- Understanding of Subject
- Research Methodology
- Writing Style (clarity, flow, transitions, etc.)
- Grammar, Paragraph and Sentence Structure
- Presentation skills.
|Last date to submit abstract
||September 05th, 2018
|Notification of acceptance
||Latest by September 05th, 2018
|Last date to pay registration fees
||September 07th, 2018
|Last date to Submit Paper
||September 15h, 2018
|Date of Symposium
||September 30th, 2018
- Presentation in Person: ₹1500 per author
- Presentation in Absentia: ₹1800 per person
- Winner will be awarded Cash Prize, Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 2000/- from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit & Internship Opportunity with tier 1 Law Firm.
- Runner-up will be awarded Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 1000/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit
- The next 5 following best paper will be awarded Cash Coupon of 500/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit
Indian International Centre,
Annexe Building, Max Mueller Marg,
Lodhi Gardens, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
For any further queries, connect with us at [email protected] or give us a ring at +91 8448449531.
Note: Limited accommodation will be provided to registered participants, accommodation fee is in addition to the registration fee. The accommodations are limited and the same will be provided on first come first serve basis on payment of the charges.
Our Website, click here.
Our Facebook Page, click here.