About the Organizers
HPNLU or Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016).
ICA or The Institute of Correctional Administration, Chandigarh started working in 1989 with full financial assistance from the Central Government. It has been actively involved in imparting training to prison and police officers of the country and also conducting various research activities.
It has undertaken various research projects on Prison Administration and Human Rights.
The ICA has been actively involved in organizing online programs and has initiated very crucial debates and discussions about issues concerning Prison Administration, Gender and Human Rights and looking for alternatives to conventional modes of justice.
About the Conference
An International Conference on “Restorative Justice and the Challenges of Twenty-First Century” is being organized by HPNLU in collaboration with ICA, Chandigarh on October 22, 2020.
- Professor Dr. Nishtha Jaswal
Vice-chancellor, HPNLU, Shimla
- Justice Mohan Mathai Peries
Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
- Lisa Rea
President, Restorative Justice International (RJI)
- Brian Steels
Director, Asian Pacific Forum for Restorative Justice (APFRJ)
- Jeffrey Mark Deskovic
Director, Jeffrey Deskovic Foundation for Justice
- Dr. Upneet Lalli
Deputy Director, Institute of Correctional Administration, Chandigarh
About the Call for Papers
- Complete papers accompanied with a 250-word long abstract may be sent to achaturvedi[at]hpnlu.ac.in
- The Word limit of individual papers is 4000-7000 words. The authors of selected papers will be intimated accordingly.
- The contribution is to be sent to achaturvedi[at]hpnlu.ac.in.
- Last date for submission of abstract is October 15, 2020.
- Selected Papers shall be published in form of a book on Restorative Justice.
Academicians and practitioners from fields as diverse as jurisprudence, advocacy and judiciary, academics, policing and prison administration, sociologists, psychologists and criminologists.
For Conference: Restorative Justice and the Challenges of Twenty-First Century
For Call for Papers:
- The need and relevance for Restorative Justice in today’s world with a special
reference to the Indian context.
- Exploring the theoretical grounds and challenges of Restorative Justice.
- Challenges of implementing the ideal of restoration for the legislature, judiciary
and the executive.
- Psycho-social dimensions of harm and victim-offender relationships, Trauma and
- Hate crimes, sexual violence against women and children and Restorative Justice.
- The roadmap for establishing a more efficient judicial system that is sensitive to
the idea of restoration.
- Chanchal Kumar Singh
Assistant Professor of Law, HPNLU, Shimla
E-mail ID: chanchalsingh[at]hpnlu.ac.in
Mobile Number: +91-8076153198
- Amit Chaturvedi
Assistant Professor of Sociology, HPNLU, Shimla
E-mail ID: achaturvedi[at]hpnlu.ac.in
Mobile Number: +91-9873505126
More posts that you might be interested in:
- GNLU’s Business Leaders Lecture Series: Session with Mr. Tanuj Kalia [Oct 17, 1-2 PM]: Register Now
- Webinar on Economic Analysis and the Premises of Contract and Tort Doctrine by MNLU, Aurangabad [Oct 20, 5:30 PM]: Register Now!
- Lawctopus & NoticeBard’s 4-Hour Online Workshop on the ‘Basics of GST’ [Sat-Sun, Oct 17-18]: Register by Oct 16
- Webinar on Harassment of Women in Digital Space by Amity Law School, Noida [Oct 22, 2-5 PM]: Register Now!
- Webinar on Perceiving the Art of Debating by Think India Debating Forum [Oct 17, 10 AM]: Register Now!