About the journal:
The Indian Journal of Tax Law (IJTL) is a bi-annual student-edited law journal dealing with tax laws. The Journal is published by an independent organization of students from National Law University Odisha.
The Journal calls for submissions of manuscripts on all areas of taxation of contemporary relevance from the body of legal academia, professionals within India and overseas, and students for Volume V, Issue I of the journal.
Types of submissions:
IJTL welcomes submissions of Articles, Essays, Case Notes, and Book Reviews. The submission length should be as follows:
Articles are comprehensive publications that analyze important themes of contemporary relevance in the realm of taxation. Submission should be between 5000-10000 words (including footnotes).
An abstract of up to 250 words must accompany the Article.
Essays usually focus on a specific issue and posit a central argument. Submission should be within 4000-5000 words (including footnotes).
3. Case Notes:
Case notes are the examination of recent cases which are significant in the area of taxation. Submission should be within 1500-5000 words (including footnotes)
4. Book Reviews:
Book Reviews are welcomed in form of a short summary of the book in the context of existing positions that the book explores. Submission should be within 1000-2500 words (including footnotes)
Mode of submission: We do not accept a hard copy of manuscripts for publication. All submissions must be emailed in Microsoft Word format to [email protected]l.com
Date of submission: The last date for submission of manuscripts for publication in Volume V, Issue I is 12 April 2019.
Timeline of review: There would be a multi-stage review process that would start from 13th April 2019 and would be completed within 6 weeks.
- The first stage of review would be from 13th April to 27th April 2019.
- The second stage of review would be from 28th April to 11th May 2019.
- The final decision would be released by 25th May 2019.
Style and format:
- All submissions have to be in doc or docx format.
- The main body must be in font size 12, Times New Roman font theme, and 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes must be in font size 10, Times New Roman font theme, and 1 line spacing.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes.
- Footnotes should conform to the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition (2012).
Copyright: Submissions must not violate the copyright of third parties.
Liability: Submissions must not contain any defamatory, offensive, or racially prejudicial material. In case any such material gets published, the authors shall be liable for the same, and the Indian Journal of Tax Law, its Board of Editors, Board of Advisors, and any other person associated with the Indian Journal of Tax Law shall not be responsible.
Indemnity for Liability: In case of violation of the above conditions, the author(s) shall accept the liability and shall forthwith indemnify the Indian Journal of Tax Law and all persons associated with it for, from and against any liability.
Submissions may be emailed to indianjournaloftaxlaw[at]gmail.com under the subject title – “IJTL (Volume V, Issue I) – [Submission Category] – [Name(s) of Author(s)]”
- C Mridul Bhardwaj (Managing Editor): +91 9560622001.
- Sridutt Mishra (Managing Editor): +91 7978622716.
- EMAIL: [email protected]
The website link is here.
This post was first published on:
20 Feb 2019