Delhi Law and Policy Review is an online peer-reviewed journal of law. It is an annually published Journal by Law Centre- II Faculty of Law, University Of Delhi. The journal seeks to advance legal research in the field of contemporary legal issues. It focuses on facilitating policy measure and law to tackle various challenges that are present before us in these fields.
It seeks to create a platform where there is an exchange of ideas regarding issues mutually relating to law and public policy. The Delhi Law and Policy Review invites original, unpublished manuscripts
1. Long Articles (4000-6000 words, including footnotes)
The Journal includes short works to provide an opportunity for the members of the legal fraternity to keep abreast of new ideas and legal reforms. In this category, a more comprehensive study of a narrow topic is involved, and the issues must be addressed from a new perspective providing critical insight on the subject. Articles in this category should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
2. Short Note & Case Comment: (Upto 4000 words including Footnotes)
An important feature of the Review is the ‘Notes and Comments’. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of a recent judicial decision, new legislation (enacted or proposed), or policy reform proposals.
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, the font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1-inch margins on all sides of the A4 sheet. (page number)
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, the font size 10 with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes are not allowed.
- All headings must have uniform formatting.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by an abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page.
- Submissions (in .docx format) must be emailed at [email protected] along with a covering letter. The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
- Co-authorship up to 2 co-authors is allowed for Long Articles and Short Articles.
- Co-authorship is not allowed for Notes and Comments.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and must not be previously published or currently under review at any other journal/conference/book etc. and should not be submitted to any other journal/conference while in process of review with us.
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- All footnotes/references in the submission must conform to the bluebook (ILI Format).
- All submissions must be made in .doc format. No pdf format shall be entertained.
- Copyright over the published material shall vest with Law Centre II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi ONLY.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, qualifications (if applicable), institutional affiliation, the title of the paper, and a declaration to the effect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript. All submissions will undergo a rigorous editorial process devised to hone and strengthen tone and substance.
Submissions of Abstracts and Papers have to be made via email to [email protected] with the subject as “Submission of Research Paper”. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 31st, 2019, 11:59 p.m. IST.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Pinki Sharma, (Teacher Convener)
Aditya Joshi, (Student Convener): [email protected]
Rohan Rishi Bhatnagar (Student Convener): [email protected]