School of Law, Manipal University Jaipur in Collaboration with Bio Forensics Research Center, Italy is organizing a two-day International Conference (Online) on Multidisciplinary Facets for Development of Health Laws, on 16-17th July 2021.
About School of Law
School of Law started in the year 2014 has grown in leaps and bounds and has a strength of 700+ students at present. The Manipal University Jaipur forayed into the field of legal education by introducing Integrated BALLB (Hons), BBA LLB(Hons), Bachelor of Law (LLB), Master of Law (LLM), and Ph.D. programs in the study.
About Bio Forensics Research Center, Italy
Bio Forensics Research Center was born with the goal to produce scientific activities in the forensic biology field. An important part of the research task will focus on the detection of biological evidence and on the developments of protocols and new methodology in order to improve the identification and the collection of the evidence. Bio Forensics Research Center started already the procedure for partnership with many universities, Italians, and internationals. The aims of the research center are to improve the scientific support to the Justice system
Themes & Sub-Themes
Medical Ethics in times of Pandemic
- The role of legal rules (hard-law and soft-law)
- The role of scientific experts and committees
- Informed consent and pandemic (i.e. health care choices, vaccination, off-label drugs, clinical trials)
- Legal and ethical issues of medical responsibility and medical malpractice
- Palliative care
- Ethical and legal decisions and limited resources
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide
- Medical decision-making capacity, substituted judgment, and end of life decisions
Relations Between Forensic Science and Judicial Process in Comparative Jurisdictions
- Evidentiary Value of DNA in Legal System
- Challenges in respect of Forensic Analysis
- Role of DNA in profiling Criminal Justice System: Myths, Realities and Proposed Road Map.
- The jurisprudence of Forensic Science: Evolution, Practice, and Future
- Methods of DNA extraction and reliability of reports as evidence: Critical Legislative and Judicial Study.
- DNA Extraction and Rights of Accused: Unfolding the principles of Fair Trial.
- Constitutional Rights of Accused in Comparative Jurisdictions
- Trial by Media v Right to Fair Trial
- Right to Effective Representation & Legal Aid
- Rights Against Self Incrimination Under Constitution
- Rights of Under-Trial Prisoners under Constitution
The Impact of Social Disparities on Responses to COVID-19
- The COVID-19 crisis as an opportunity for progressive social politics
- Pandemic! – disease and conspiracy theories
- The politics of social distancing
- The political implications of governmental responses to the pandemic; government control of coronavirus data; exclusivist national stockpiling of COVID-19 treatments
- Disaster Capitalism: The pandemic as both disruptor and accelerant of neoliberal normality
- Virtual liberty? Lockdown existence and the triumph of the networked society
- Dying for capitalism: The trade-off between commercial and public health
- Policing the pandemic: Authoritarianism and security; poverty and/as a disease; pandemic masculinities
- Planet or people first? Environmentalism in a time of the pandemic
Consumer Protection and Consumer Advocacy During the Pandemic
- Insurance in Transition: Plotting A Course in A Chaotic World for protection of consumer rights
- The Global Governance of Online Consumer Protection and E-commerce
- The challenge of protecting consumers from unsafe products
- Contemporary Issues & Challenges to Consumer Policy in The Digital Age
Click here for the registration and abstract submission.
Payment Details for Paper Presentation
- For Indian student registration Fees: Rs 500/-
- For Indian Professional registration Fees: Rs 800/-
- For International Students and Professionals Registration Fees: US Dollars $ 15.
- The publication charges for the selected papers shall be intimated separately.
- The payment can be made using the link given here.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 30 May 2021
- Last Date of Full Paper Submission: 30 June 2021
e-Mail ID: prabhpreet.singh[at]jaipur.manipal.edu
Phone Number: +91 9413336353
e-Mail ID: sunitasingh.khatana[at]jaipur.manipal.edu
Phone Number: +919799583541
e-Mail ID: vini.kewaliya[at]jaipur.manipal.edu
Phone Number: +919057281175
Interested in Conferences and Seminars? Then, these might interest you.
- CfP: Kerala Law Academy’s Conference on Emerging Significance of Maritime Law [July 3]: Submit by 30 May
- DME’s Online Student Conclave on Billionaire @ 21 with Multi-level Marketing [June 6]: Register by May 28
- National Student Research Paper Presentation Competition ‘Anveshi 2021’ on ‘Impact of COVID 19’ by SFIMR: Submit by May 19