Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies, S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College is organising a 2-Day National e-Conference on the theme ‘A Governing Judiciary: To Be Or Not To Be’ on 29th & 30th October, 2021.
About the College
Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies has been established at S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College for B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) The Centre has been granted affiliation by the University of Allahabad and Approval of Affiliation by the Bar Council of India. The Centre has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation as Emerging Law College within six months of the establishment of the Centre.
About the E-Conference
Our Constitutional order vests in Courts a jurisdiction to do justice, at once omnipresent and omnipotent, but controlled and guided by the refined yet flexible censor called judicial discretion. Discretion is extraordinary in its amplitude. Its limit, when it chases injustice, is the sky itself. It shall be exercised by the Judges of the land with scrupulous adherence to judicial principles well established by precedents. A Judge is not a knight errant roaming at will in pursuit of his own ideal of beauty or of justice.
Against this backdrop, the present conference is being organized to provide an opportunity to discuss and deliberate the theme in detail.
The Notable Speakers are:
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice A.P. Sahi, Director, National Judicial Academy
- Prof. Amar Pal Singh, Dean, USLLS, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Prof. (Dr.) Jai Prakash Rai, Professor, Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University
- Prof. (Dr.) R.K. Chaubey, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad
The conference deliberations will be on the following sub-themes:
- Judicial Overreach: When Required as a Necessary Evil
- Averting Judicial Overreach
- Judicial Overreach : A Dangerous Terrain
- Balancing Individual and State Rights
- Judicial Activism to Judicial Adventurism: Defining Limits
- Judicial Discretion: Canalised Authority, Not Arbitrary Eccentricity
Who can Submit?
Research Papers relevant to the themes and sub-themes are invited from academicians, professionals, practitioners and research scholars. (Participation is open to all streams).
The e-conference is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students, research scholars, academicians and professionals.
The selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by a reputed publisher (Shree Ram Law House, Chandigarh) with ISBN.
Out of the selected papers,
- Best 10 papers: Will be selected for Paper Presentation
- Best Presenter: A Best Paper Award comprising ₹5000 cash prize and a Certificate of Merit
- The word limit for full paper is 2000-3000 words (excluding footnotes) to be submitted in MS Word format.
- The paper must be in
- Times New Roman font,
- Font size 12 with
- 1.5 line spacing and
- 1” margin on all sides.
- The paper must be accompanied with an abstract of 200-250 words along with a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her/their email ID, contact number, designation, institutional affiliation and address.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- Full paper must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of submission: November 10, 2021
Registration Fee: Free
- Registration Deadline: October 28, 2021
- Deadline for Submission of full paper: November 10, 2021
- Date of Conference: October 29 & 30, 2021
E-certificates of participation shall be issued to the participants.
For any queries, contact:
Email ID: email@example.com
- For registration: +91 8795347495
- For paper submission: +91 9792782607
Click here for the official brochure for more information.