The Kerala Legislative Assembly is conducting a Certificate Course in Parliamentary Practice and Procedure in the distance education stream to propagate the idea, principle, philosophy and practice of parliamentary democracy.
- The Course shall be an awareness and learning programme designed for those who have no experience with parliamentary procedure and for those who are interested in learning parliamentary practice and procedure.
- It shall be a basic level certificate course on parliamentary practice and procedure.
- It shall be run in distance education mode and shall include contact classes along with assignments and workshops.
- The Course shall be managed, regulated, conducted and controlled by the CPST which was established as an integral division of the Secretariat of the Kerala Legislature.
- Admission will generally be open to all eligible candidates and there will be no age bar for admission to the course.
- Minimum qualification for applying for the Course will be a pass in Higher Secondary or equivalent qualification as approved by the Universities in Kerala.
- Those who are awaiting results of the qualifying examinations are also eligible to apply.
- There shall be Admission fee and Course fee for admission to the Course.
The Course shall ordinarily be of six months duration.
- Strictly need-based Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs) may be arranged by the CPST to principally facilitate face-to-face interaction between the students and our subject teachers who give due academic counselling to the students.
- Contact classes shall be arranged by the Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training.
Medium of Instruction
Medium of instruction shall be English or Malayalam.
Mode of Instruction
Unlike regular programmes this Distance Programme is self-paced and learner-centred.
It will essentially be based on the supply of reading materials for home study by the learner.
- Examinations will be conducted at the end of the course and the centre of examination
shall ordinarily be at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Application for examination shall be made in the prescribed form along with the prescribed fees.
Certificate shall be issued by and in the name of Centre for Parliamentary Studies and
Training, Kerala Legislature Secretariat.
How to apply
The application form is available here.
The Demand Draft/ pay-in-slip / Online transfer receipt along with the filled application
form should be submitted directly or through post on or before 15th September 2018 to
The Under Secretary, Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training, Room No 728
Assembly Building, Vikas Bhavan PO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695033
Fee for Application Form and Prospectus: ₹ 100
Fee for Admission: ₹ 250
- General: ₹2000
- Students of Government approved Colleges / Institutions, Personal staff of representatives of the Kerala Legislative Assembly, Staff of Kerala Legislature Secretariat: ₹1500
Late fine for tuition fee and admission fee: ₹ 50
Examination fee: ₹ 100 For each paper
Examination Fee-Late Fine: ₹ 25 For each paper
Revaluation fee: ₹ 100 For each paper
Students of Government approved Colleges / Institutions, Personal staff of representatives of the Kerala Legislative Assembly, Staff of Kerala Legislature Secretariat Students belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are exempted from Tuition Fee and Examination fee.
Phone: 0471-2512662, 2512453, 9496551719
E-mail: [email protected]
For official notification, click here and for prospectus, click here.