The Energy Research Institute SAS with the Nuclear Law Association is hosting the “Sixth Certificate Course on Nuclear Energy and Law” from March 4 through March 8, 2019 at TERI SAS Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. The organising committee may consider fee waiver, if requested.
About the Course
The objectives of the course are:
- the basic understanding of nuclear science and technology;
- the legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
- the IAEA – its role and functions -, and international nuclear treaties;
- regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
- India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant:
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned on Friday 8 March, 2019. Important note: The trip is only for Indian nationals.
Certificate of participation will be given.
Participants (max. 50):
- Lawyers, legal advisers, law faculty and researchers;
- Nuclear scientists, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
- Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
- Social science researchers and faculty; and
- PhD students; and 4th and law students.
The Program will be held at TERI School of Advanced Studies, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
Participation form can be accessed here.
Send soft copy of the participation form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send hard copy of participation form + payment to Mumbai address of Course Director.
Fees for 5-day training program (4-day course + 1 day NPP site visit), including taxes:
- Rs. 20,000 for all professionals.
- Rs. 50,000 for three persons from the same organization.
- Rs. 5,000 for students.
The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course, a Welcome Dinner, the course materials, travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant and inclusive of all applicable taxes. Accommodation is not covered.
Fees for 1-day participation for professionals
A special offer is made for professionals who can only attend 1 day of the 5-day training program: Rs. 5,000/ per day (inclusive of all applicable taxes).
Limited numbers of single (Rs.1200/-) and shared rooms (Rs. 750/-) available per day near the University campus. Interested participants may contact the course coordinator.
NLA provides a limited number of scholarships in the form of full tuition fee waiver to deserving candidates from South Asia and South East Asia. Candidates are requested to write to the course coordinator at email@example.com.
Register by February 20
Dr. Vishnu Konoorayar, Associate Professor and Head, Center for Post Graduate Legal Studies
TERI School of Advanced Studies: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.