About the organizer and workshop:
Centre for Law and Society, School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance is inviting applications for a six days rigorous workshop on “Defending Capital Punishment Cases” from April 17th – 22nd, 2019 at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
The Course is for candidates who have completed LL.B or pursuing LL.M. The course also welcomes practising lawyers. The course is also aimed at enhancing the skills in cross-examination and appreciation of evidence.
- Law on Death Penalty Sentencing.
- Law on Clemency.
- Law on Judicial Review of Executive Action in Death Cases.
- Constitutional Regulation of Death Penalty Administration.
- Representing a Death Row Prisoner.
- Cross-examination and litigation strategies for Death Row prisoners.
- Evidentiary and Procedural Issues Arising During Trial and Appellate Proceedings.
Location: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Registration Procedure: The conference registration form to be sent to participants shall be available here.
Outstation participants will have to make their own arrangements for accommodation and food while in Mumbai. However, we can try and make arrangements for some at our Hostels, if they have been vacated for vacation.
- There will be an arrangement for brunch at 11.30 am during the course.
- There are only 50 seats for the course.
- The first 50 participants would be accepted for the course.
Course fees would be Rs.1200/- (including GST) per participants for 6 days. Tata Institute of Social Sciences would award Certificates to participants who complete the 6-Days course.
Date and time: April 17, 2019 10:00AM – April 22, 2019 6:00PM.
Deadlines/dates: March 28th, 2019 would be the last date for registration.
Dr. Shamim Meghani Modi (PhD)
Chairperson, Centre for Law and Society
School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
Mobile: 09326094822 / Office: 022-2552 5383/5120