About the University
Central University of Tamil Nadu (CUTN) is an institution of higher education established by an Act of Parliament in the year 2009.
The University aims at the fashioning of an enlightened society founded on a relentless pursuit of excellence through innovations in the teaching-learning process, interdisciplinary studies and research.
About the Department
The Department of Law was established in the current academic year 2019-2020 and is presently offering two years. LL.M. Programme in Corporate Governance and Industrial Jurisprudence.
In India, the recent reform on labour and the consolidation of labour legislations has been introduced with the objective of improving and to ensure ease of doing business in India.
Further, the onset of COVID–19 created profound challenges in the functioning of Corporate Boards and as well as the Migrant Labourers.
- Corporate Regulatory Regimes
- Corporate Governance in Digital Era
- COVID–19 and Corporate Governance
- Banking and financial regulations
- Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and its effects
- Code on Wages
- Industrial relations
- Social Security and workers
- Safety, Health and Working conditions of workers
- Migrant Labourers and COVID-19
- Labour Laws and IT Sector
- Inclusive Employment
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an interdisciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes provided that it fits within the broad theme of the conference.
The Conference will be conducted on 26th March 2021 via virtual mode. The details of the conference and the links will be updated later.
- Only one abstract per author will be considered.
- Please email the electronic version of the ‘abstract’ of 350 to 500 words in MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references with the subject mentioned as “Name of the Author – Abstract Submission” to email@example.com.
- Please attach a separate MS-word (.doc, .docx) file containing the Title of the Proposed Paper, Name of the Author(s), Name of Co-Author (if any), Designation, Affiliated Institution, Email Address and Contact Number.
- All the submissions have to be made on or before 11.59 pm on the specified date.
- Abstracts will be selected through a Select Committee. The criteria for selection will be based on originality, method and relevance to the conference theme.
- Selected Abstracts will be notified by 5th March 2021.
Full Paper Submission
- Word Limit: 3500 to 5000 words including footnotes, references, tables and figures.
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 fonts for content and 10 for footnotes
- Line Spacing: 1.5 for content and 1 for footnotes
- Alignment: Justified
- Page Margins: 2.5 on all sides
Please email the electronic version of the original ‘Manuscript/Full Paper’ in MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file with the subject mentioned as ‘Name of the Author – Manuscript Submission’ to departmentoflaw.cutn[at]gmail.com.
Manuscript/Full Paper should be submitted on or before 15th March 2021.
- The eligible submission shall be allowed from students, academician, research scholars and advocates
in the conference domain of interest.
- Co-authorship is allowed. There can be a maximum of two authors for a research paper.
- The authors as well as co-authors/will have to separately register themselves.
- Only those who submit the manuscript/full paper before the deadline will be considered as Submission and the paper will be reviewed through the Conference Committee.
- Only the authors of the selected papers will be allowed to present at the Conference.
- No Registration Fee
- The Participation Certificate will be issued to the participants who had submitted their papers before the
deadline and do participate in the conference.
- The Presentation Certificate will be issued only to the presenters at the Conference.
- Call for Papers: 16th February 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 5th March 2021
- Communication of acceptance of Abstract: 7th March 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Manuscript: 15th March 2021
- Date of Conference: 26th March 2021
For any queries, please write to us at the departmentof law.cutn[at]gmail.com and (or) contact Dr. S.K.Balashanmugam at: +91-94444 39367