Centre for Economy, Development and Law (CEDL) invites motivated students and scholars to apply for full-time internships at the Centre, Government Law College Thrissur, Kerala. The centre envisages being a platform for academic discussion and as a creative think-tank for studying, analysing and interpreting various socio-economic and legal issues.
This forum intends to generate perceptual framework to explore and understand social issues and events, thereby enabling the people and institutions to create best possible models in policy making and legal practices.
It is essential that the applicants to this position must have excellent reading, writing and communicative skills. They must be able to comprehend the importance of attending to the needs of Centre and the people, at large to which the Centre caters.
Title of the post: Research Intern
Areas of research:
The research shall be carried out under the broader discourses of
- Developmental Economics
- Political Economy
- National and International Trade and Economic Law, and
- Law and Development
The applicant may suggest any topic/issue in the above mentioned areas. Proposals of study based on Kerala, or national or global issues in which Kerala is a prominent stakeholder may be preferred. However, the research topic will be finalised after discussion with the Centre’s Director.
Location: Thrissur, Kerala, although there may be assignments which may require travel to other places both in and out of Kerala.
Vacancy: 2 Nos.
Job assignments from and report to: CEDL Director.
Term: 4 weeks from the date of appointment.
Remuneration: Certificates shall be issued on proper and prompt completion of the internship assignments and tasks.
Tasks will be assigned to the internees after their selection. It may include:
- Writing of minimum of 4 blog posts of 1000-2000 words each, on an assigned topic or areas related to the research topic.
- Providing administrative and organisational support to the Centre.
- Submission of a report in written form of publishable quality on the assigned area of research, on completion of the research internship.
Minimum Eligibility requirements:
- Graduate, Post Graduate, Research Students and any other candidate with strong research interest in the field of law, economics, political science, or development studies with serious research interest can apply.
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written. (Students intending to write in Malayalam will also be considered, provided the applicants undertake to submit typewritten Malayalam reports. Decisions of the Director shall be final.)
- Computer skills inclusive of basics such as typing, proper and prompt management of desktop, folders and files to more extensive usage of Ms Office high end operations, file format conversions, internet and browsing knowledge and website management.
Preferences shall be given to those who demonstrate through CV, Statement of Purpose, and Academic Writing Sample (Maximum 3000 words, preferably in the applied field of research) the following qualities:
- Commitment to research methodology, and structured learning.
- Desire to learn and grow, both individually and as a part of a team and institution.
- Openness and respect to all schools of thought and new ideas.
- Pro-activeness as to research and academic initiatives
- Consistent academic and research interests and working culture.
- Multi-tasking readiness and interests.
- Readiness and happy willingness to hard work.
- Active virtual presence through social networking websites and social media writings, which includes blogging and other web posting.
How to apply
Visit this page and apply online.
Please note that CED&L is currently calling for full time Research Internship (In-house) only. Other internships listed in the online application form are not open as of now.
Apply before 30th November 2018.
- An interview (phone-in, if the situation demands) may be conducted before you receive an offer letter. The date and time of interview will be duly communicated.
- The Centre reserves the right not to appoint anybody.
- Documents to be uploaded while applying:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Writing sample (Maximum 3000 words, preferably in the applied field of research)
- Documents/Certificates supporting your CV may be requested during the time of interview/appointment or any other time if required.
Email : [email protected]
Click here for official notification.