About the Organisations
National Law University Delhi is a premier law university in India established by the National Law University Act, 2007 (Delhi Act No. 1 of 2008), at the initiative of the High Court of Delhi.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a regulatory body established by the Government of India with effect from October 14, 2003.
About the Moot
Competition Law is an emerging field of law and its robust enforcement becomes a prerequisite for ensuring that the economic environment remains competitive and business deals adhere to the principles of fair competition and do not distort the market.
Law schools can play a significant role in this regard by nurturing the growth of the subject through their curricula and other events and also suggesting appropriate reforms to law. With the aim of fostering quality research and debate on anti-trust matters, NLU Delhi, in collaboration with the CCI is organizing the III CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot 2020.
All students enrolled in a 3-year LLB programme or a 5-year integrated LLB programme shall be eligible to participate in the CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot. However, only one team per university/institution shall be eligible to participate.
The team composition shall be as follows: 2 Speakers & 1 Researcher. The teams may choose to participate without a Researcher.
Registration for the III CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot 2020 will open on November 18, 2019. The last date for registration shall be 11:59 PM, December 28, 2019.
The registration fee for the Competition is Rs. 5,000 and has to be paid either through the online portal or through a Demand Draft. Details about payment can be found in Annexure-II.
The following documents shall be submitted by the teams at the time of registration:
- Duly filled registration form (available here).
- A certificate stating that the participants are bonafide students of the institution (Annexure – I).
- Scanned copy of Demand Draft of the registration fee/Receipt of online payment.
- In case a team chooses to opt for paying through a Demand Draft, the same should be addressed to ‘The Registrar, National Law University Delhi’.
- The teams which choose to pay via the online portal should follow this link to the portal.
- While registering for the competition, the teams will be required to attach a copy of the Demand Draft or a receipt from the online portal.
Queries may be addressed to Prof.(Dr.) Harpreet Kaur (Faculty Coordinator) at ccinludmoot[at]nludelhi.ac.in.