About the organizer
Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation (IIAM) is one of the pioneer institutions in India providing institutional Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Services, which includes International and domestic commercial Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation and conducting training programs in ADR. IIAM is a non-profit organization registered in India and commenced activities in the year 2001.
About the essay competition
This essay competition is being conducted in the name of a former Judge and founder vice president of IIAM Shri Late CC Xavier. The main objective of this competition is to promote ADR and make the generation well acquainted with the practice, procedure and indulge in research.
Topic: Mediation: A tool for access to justice
This essay competition is open for all the bonafide students as well as the professionals.
For the purpose of registration, the student must send a mail on Delhi[at]arbitrationindia.com with a bona fide letter of permission from their college or university
Topic: Mediation: A Tool for Access to Justice
- 1st prize- Rs. 5000/-
- 2nd prize- Rs. 3500/-
- 3rd prize- Rs. 2500/-
- Digital Certificates will be provided to all the participants.
How to submit?
- One essay per person is permissible.
- Co-Authorship up to 2 is allowed.
- The essay must be free from plagiarism and should be original.
- The essay must be typed in Times New Roman having double spacing and the body of content should be of 12 font.
- However, the headings may be in 14 font and word limit should not exceed 3000 (including the footnotes).
- Submission must be made in Doc. as well as Pdf. format both.
- The author should provide their details in a separate cover page containing their contact details.
- All the essays must be mailed on delhi[at]arbitrationindia.com.
- The last date of registration for the same is 30th December and the deadline of complete essay submission is 31st January 2020 11:59 PM.
- Declaration of Results- 1 st week of March 2020.
There is NO registration fee for this competition.
Iram Majid: Director, Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation
Phone number: 011-41630997