However the application of DNA profiling in the criminal justice system has raised certain important issues such as issues of privacy, validity of its application by private laboratories, access to obtain body samples from the suspects, for how much duration should the body samples be stored, DNA profiling database of the Indian population etc.
The institution offers the following specializations:
Intellectual Property Rights Law
Human Rights Law
The second year is exclusively for specialization courses/ subjects of the students’ choice and the research based dissertation component.
Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] invites papers for its conference based on the theme, “Ethnicity and Development in South Asia: Issues and Challenges” to be held from the 21st to the 22nd of January 2016.
The major themes of this conference are:
1. Gender, Caste and Class: Continuities and Contradictions
2. Gendering Migration: Intermediation and Agency
3. The State, Law and Workers’ Rights
4. Politics of Collectivities and the Cultures of Organisation
5. Globalisation and New Forms of Labour