Institute of Law Nirma University is organizing an International Conference on “Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects” from Feb 17-18, 2014. It shall be open for law students, academicians, policy makers, NGOs, Advocates, regulatory bodies, environmental bodies, etc. to participate in the event.
In the wake of celebrating the software freedom day worldwide, the Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, is organizing a Two Day National Seminar on “Information Technology and Open Source Software: Issues and Challenges” on 21st 22nd September 2013.
No matter your submission is single-authored or multi-authored, if you would like to have your accepted submission published in the conference proceedings, you have to pay registration fee US$300 for each submission before October 31, 2013 or US$350 after October 31, 2013.
Fourth Annual National Workshop for Law Students organized by Inter University Centre for IPR Studies in association with HRD Chair on IPR Cochin University of Science and Technology Theme of 2014 "Copyright Issues in the Entertainment Industry" January 16 -18, 2014.
Students for the Promotion of International Law, Mumbai (SPIL) in collaboration with Government Law College, Mumbai has undertaken the task of promoting International Law and facilitating an empirical study, which rises beyond the realm of mere textual knowledge.
1. Corporate Regulation by e-Legislations
2. Environmental crimes
3. National Action to prevent Climate Change
4. Administrative and Judicial structure to protect environment: Pollution Control Board, NEAMA, NGT.
The National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi in association with Centre for Consumer Studies Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi is organising a National Seminar on Rural Consumers and The Market - Issues and Challenges during August 16-17, 2013.
1. Eve-teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape
2. Forced Prostitution and Trafficking of Woman and the Girl Child
3. Sexual Harassment and Abuse at the Workplace
4. Domestic Violence and Honour Based Violence
5. Cyber-Crime against Women
6. Image of Women in the Media
Preshti is an investigative project launched by Alexis group to identify needed prison reforms. The project will collect primary data by visiting the prisons in Pune and Mumbai and will brainstorm over the required reform initiatives. [If you are interested in volunteering for the actual Preshti program (data collection and/or policy research), drop me a
The Indian Journal of Arbitration Law [IJAL] managed by the Centre for Advanced Research and Training in Arbitration Law at NLU Jodhpur is pleased to announce its upcoming issue (Volume 2: Issue 2), which is to be published in September this year.
The Law, Governance and Development Initiative of Azim Premji University, Bangalore is holding its Second International Conference on Law, Governance and Development on August 2 and 3, 2013. The theme for this year’s Conference is ‘Right to Welfare: Education, Food and Work’.
1. Global & Domestic Concern of Human Rights.
2. Human Rights & Environment.
3. Human Rights & Vulnerable Groups.
4. Public Participation as core factor of Human Rights Enforcement.
5. Human Right v. Development & Technical Advertisement.
6. Indian Judiciary and ICCPR and ICESCR.
Sub - Themes:
1. Validity of Inter religious Marriages
2. Reform in Family Law
3. Inter relationship between Religion and law
4. The philosophy of Uniform civil code in India
5. Judicial Response to the issue
6. Succession / Inheritance
With the aim to grapple with the multifarious concerns and realities for a reform in the corporate governance, development of securities market and corporate restructuring, this conference has been well thought-out to address reforms in the corporate governance, emerging dimension of corporate social responsibility, protection of securities market and the challenges to corporate restructuring.