1st National Case Comment Writing Competition (January, 2019), was organized by The Saviours (Pune – Aurangabad), a subordinate of The Saviours, India under the Leadership and guidance of Sanjana Kulkarni, Head, The Saviours (Pune – Aurangabad) and Kuunal Saraff, Founder, The Saviours, India respectively.
This Competition witnessed participation from students not just pursuing Law, but other professional branches such as B.Sc., B. Comm., B.A. to mention a few.
Participation from the revered Legal Institutions of India such as WBNUJS, GLC-Mumbai, GLC – Kozhikode, Christ University, Symbiosis University, ILS Law College, Pune, DES Shri Navamal Firodia Law College, Pune stiffened the competition further, compelling Assistant Prof. Isha Saxena Maam to carefully scrutinize the numerous papers received and declare the following as its Winners:
- Gold Medalists: Jinsi Fathima K P – Deeju T K (GLC – Kozhikode and GLC – Calicut respectively).
- Silver Medalists: Aastha Ananya – Adarsh Pandey (School of Law, U.P.E.S., Dehradun).
- Bronze Medalists: Rajvi Nakhva – Namashvi Chandra (Mody University).
- 4th Place: Sreejan Sarkar (WBNUJS, Kolkata).
- 5th Place: Madhav Om (Lucknow Law College).
- 6th Place: Shakkira K T – Nawrin Alem (GLC – Kozikode).
The said Competition indeed achieved its goal of spreading awareness regarding Blood Donation Laws in India, emphasizing upon those which regulate the Blood Banks herein.
The Saviours (Pune – Aurangabad), a subordinate of The Saviours, India is primarily a Blood Donation NGO – however, the subordinate largely comprising of Law students creates a platform for budding Legal Writers and other Enthusiasts for exhibiting their understanding on numerous topics of Law and being acknowledged therein.
“Blood is an essential component of the body which provides sustenance to life. There can be no greater service to the humanity than to offer one’s blood to save the life of other fellow human-beings.“ – Justice S.C. Agrawal
Realizing this 4 Years back, Mr. Kuunal Saraff laid down the very foundation of The Saviours, India, which, since its inception, has provided Emergency Blood Donors in crisis and helped save several lives.
The Saviours (Pune – Aurangabad), an active branch of The Saviours, India, after successfully organizing the 1st National legal Article Writing Competition (November, 2018) and 1st Constitutional Law Quiz Competition (26.11.2018), is all set to organize the 1st Case Comment Writing Competition (January, 2018).
An initiative proposed by Sanjana Uday Kulkarni, Head, The Saviours (Pune-Aurangabad), with the objective of spreading awareness regarding the Laws that govern Blood Transfusion in India and the Blood Banks themselves, enthusiasts may express their opinions in the form of a Case Comment not more than 1500 – 2000 Words (Inclusive of Footnotes), on the following Judgment:
Common Cause V. Union of India and Ors. (1996 1 SCC 753} – Blood Bank Directives Case
All the Commentaries shall be drafted on MS Word and be mailed to us latest by 05.02.2019 on [email protected]
Ms. Isha Saxena, Assistant Professor, ILS Law College Pune shall personally scrutinize the Papers and declare the results accordingly. [An I.L.S. alumni, she has specialized in Criminal Law with a Diploma in Medical Jurisprudence and Forensic Sciences]
Marks shall be Allotted on the basis of:
- Understanding of the Facts of the Case (Topic chosen)
- Its interpretation
- Compliance to Mode of Citation prescribed, Presentation and Creativity
- Compliance to the Font Type: Times New Roman and Font Size: 12 for the Article, 14 for Sub Topics and 20 for its Heading, (Font Size: 10 for Footnotes), Justified Alignment.
- Strict Adherence to Word Limit prescribed above: 2000 Words(Inclusive of Footnotes)
- Citation method to be used: ILI: (Click here)
- Results shall be declared latest by 16.02.2019
- First 3 Winners shall be awarded Medals (Gold, Silver and Bronze) and Certificate of Merit.
- Other Participants shall receive a Certificate of Participation
- Only those below the Age of 26 can participate in the said Competition.
- 1 Article Per Author/ 1 Unit.
- Co-Authorship shall be restricted up to 2 Authors. In such a case, each Participant is required to register individually.
- Registration Fee of Rs. 70/- per Author shall be made to Ms. Manasi Joglekar, Finance Head, The Saviours (Pune-Aurangabad) via Patym on the following Number: +91-9619867854: (PAYTM LINK: (Click here)
- Last Date of Registration is 03.02.2019.
- Registration Link: Click here
- Sanjana Kulkarni (Head): +91- 8380091429
- Shrirang Ashtaputre (Secretary): +91- 9673426321