Applications are invited for the CMU-A (Carnegie Mellon University Australia) Scholarships for International Students 2021/22, for students from Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
Carnegie Mellon University in Australia is the Australian campus of Carnegie Mellon University’s H. John Heinz III College established in 2006 in the city center of Adelaide, South Australia.
The campus has students, faculty, and staff from more than 29 countries throughout the Asia-Pacific, United States of America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. The university offers two master’s degree programs: the Master of Science in Public Policy and Management and the Master of Science in Information Technology and Management. Both programs are available as a 12-month or 21-month program, depending on the student’s work experience, and can be undertaken full-time or part-time. Carnegie Mellon University Australia also offers students the opportunity to undertake Global Programs, whereby they undertake their studies at both the campus in Pittsburgh and Adelaide.
About the Scholarship
CMU-A Scholarships are open to eligible students from Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The scholarships are awarded to eligible students from Asia, Latin America, and Africa and apply for Carnegie Mellon University Australia master programs in August 2021.
The following scholarships are offered:
- Young Asian Leaders Scholarship (YALS): The scholarship will enable Asian students to lead and contribute to the development of their countries and the Asian region after their studies.
- Latin American Leaders for Change Scholarship (LALCS): The scholarship will support Latin American students to become leaders to catalyze positive change in their respective countries.
- Future Innovator Scholarship for Africa (FISA): With this scholarship, ambitious African students will be encouraged to be leaders in innovation in the African region.
Click here to know more.
The CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students is valued at AUD $30,000 (~ INR 16 Lacs) for the duration of 21-month master’s degrees, AUD $20,000 (~ INR 11 Lacs) for the duration of 12-month master’s degrees.
Students who are eligible for the scholarships need to meet the below criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country in Asia, Latin America, or Africa
- Meet the admission requirements for a CMU Australia full-time master coursework degree, 12 month or 21-month tracks
- Be accepted into a CMU Australia master coursework degree commencing in August 2021
- Accept CMU Australia’s offer letter and pay the deposit by the required deadline
- Students who are citizens or hold permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand are not eligible
- This scholarship will not be applicable for students who defer the commencement
- This scholarship is not applicable in conjunction with any another CMU Australia scholarships or other government scholarships including but not limited to Endeavour and Australian Awards scholarships
Students need to maintain their enrolment throughout their course in full-time study and meet CMU Australia’s academic progression policy
- If a student withdraws from the master program before completion, he/she may be required to repay the value of the scholarship awarded
How to Apply?
If you’re a resident from a country belonging to Asia, Latin America, or Africa, you will be automatically assessed for the scholarship when you apply for a master’s program to study with CMU-A. Upon being accepted to study at CMU Australia, you will be contacted about your scholarship eligibility.
- Apply through the online portal*.
- Please ensure all sections are completed in full and where required all supporting documentation is uploaded.
- There is no application fee for Carnegie Mellon University in Australia
- The GRE/GMAT tests are being waived for international students who apply to study in August 2021
- Please ensure your application is received by the Admissions Office before the relevant deadline
*Click here to go to the online portal.
To find detailed information on how to apply for the scholarship, click here.
Email ID: admissions[at]australia.cmu.edu
Have questions? Check the FAQs section here, to know more.
More such Scholarships and Fellowships that you might be interested in
- OCSI Scholarship [Oxford and Cambridge Society of India] 2021-22: Apply by May 15
- Fulbright-Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program by USIEF 2022-23 [10-Months Program]: Apply by June 15
- Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2022-23 [Master’s Degree & Certificate Program]: Apply by May 15
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021 (JJ/WBGSP: Apply by May 21