Lawctopus is launching its Campus Leaders Program (CLP).
If you are a student (UG or PG) in a law school in India and want to engage in a meaningful journey that involves content management, marketing, entrepreneurship, tons of learning, networking, and some good pocket money to earn, this is the opportunity for you!
Lawctopus is India’s most popular and trusted website for law aspirants, students, and young lawyers. We’ve been covered by leading dailies like The Telegraph, India Today, and the Economic Times, among others.
We reach nearly 3 lakh readers every month.
Our online law school has served over 7000+ learners in the last 18 months.
About the Campus Leaders Program (CLP)
We love serving young people and the CLP is a key element in our mission to enable informed and inspired careers. Campus Leaders (CLs) are student volunteers (undergraduate or postgraduate) who are our eyes and ears in various law schools and universities.
We are inviting applications for our CLP 2022-23 from law students all across India.
Before we get into the details of it, you might be wondering why you should grab this opportunity.
Here’s Why You Should Become A Campus Leader
1. Get internships: We’ll help the 5 best-performing campus leaders secure the internships they want.
2. Get scholarships to our courses: Get free credits for online certificate courses by Lawctopus Law School (LLS) on successful completion of various tasks.
3. Earn money: You can earn money in three ways. First, get 10% of the advertisements that you bring. Second, earn a referral fee for LLS courses signed-up by your network. Third, ace your tasks, and win prize money.
4. Get mentorship: We’ll teach you how to craft your CV, draft cover letters, develop a career plan, apply for and ace internships, do well in moots and seminars. We’ll become your personal career coaches!
5. Get a certificate on successful completion of your tenure.
6. Develop your communication and other soft skills as you do the tasks.
7. Develop your leadership skills.
8. The Lawctopus Campus Leaders Program will not only help you build your soft skills from scratch but will ensure you carry them forward in your day-to-day routine even once you’ve ended your tenure with us.
9. Contribute towards making your community (law students) stronger as you gain an entrepreneurial work experience!
We make you richer in every way possible!
Who can be a Campus Leader? What are the qualifications?
- You should be a law student (LL.B, BA LL.B, LLM) in any law college in India.
- Time commitment: 2-3 hours/week. We believe that students will be able to spend this much time even during exams and internships (we’ll surely ensure that this role doesn’t affect your academic or internship commitments).
- You should be a proactive person who loves to take up entrepreneurial responsibilities.
- You must have regular access to the internet both in college and at your home.
- You must be willing to do sales and marketing-related tasks. To Sell is Human. Side note on sales: When you present your case before a judge, negotiating before a client, asking for a raise, raising money for your startup, or asking someone out, you are ‘selling’.
- A sincere attitude and the ability to stick to projects for the long-term
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Deadline-oriented attitude
- Enthusiasm to work and learn new, non-law things
What are your responsibilities and how will you gain from them?
- Tell us about newsworthy events and opportunities held in or hosted by your college.
Become the go-to person in your college for anything that needs to go on Lawctopus!
- Draft posts for publication on the Lawctopus website. You’ll be acknowledged as the author of the posts you publish with a cool tagline and byline.
Start building a personal brand in the legal community through Lawctopus.
- Interview the star students and faculty in your college, and lawyers in and around your area.
Develop your leadership, communication, and networking skills.
- Encourage students in your college (regularly) to contribute internship experiences, law school reviews, and blogs.
Support them in getting published and serve the larger legal community with useful content.
- Help us promote and market our advertisers and our products/services in your college.
Earn money through our in-house competitions, and referral fee programs.
- Write for us!
Get a chance to be published on Lawctopus.
- Help us connect to various people in your college.
Become a connector and get recognized as a leader of your college.
- Generally, promote the Lawctopus brand on social media and beyond!
Build your digital marketing skills and presence.
Details of the Role
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2022
Please don’t wait for the deadline to apply. 🙂 We’ll close the applications for a particular college once a good number of quality applications are received from that college. Early applications are hence encouraged.
How to Apply?
- To apply for this opportunity, click here and fill out a small form
- Important instructions will then be sent to your email address
Some other details of the role
- Being a Campus Leader is a voluntary, unpaid position. Cash awards, free courses, and other rewards are applicable to the best peforming campus leaders.
- 1-5 campus leaders can be selected per college (depending on the size of the college).
- You are required to work for around 2 hours/week. Usually, 1-2 tasks are allotted every month.
- We give no task which cannot be completed along with your college, co-curricular activities, exams or even internships. Relax! We understand your world. 🙂
To apply for Lawctopus’ Campus Leaders Program, please fill the form here.
Rave reviews from some of the last batch’s college managers
- It was such a beautiful journey. I can say, I enjoyed every bit of it. Be it the internship tasks right from the start to the interview one – it all gave me a good sense of my capabilities. I had fun interacting with other peers. Gladly, I have a few friends from the team too now. The happiest part for me is that – the entire Internship was nothing of a formal sort, I got to be who I am while learning something and developing skills for myself.
– Madhura Aradhya M, B.M.S. College of Law, Bengaluru
- I developed better communication skills since the tasks assigned by the Lawctopus Team required me to interact with my professors and peers at a professional level. I also improved my email writing skills since I had to follow up for the interview questions constantly with the star faculty and students. I also appreciated the day the we got to interact with Tanuj Sir and hear valuable information from him regarding resume writing given his busy schedule. Overall, it was an enriching and insightful experience that helped me hone my skills.
– Dafny Monalisa D’cunha, Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Firstly , I’m very thankful to Lawctopus for giving me this chance to be part of this program. The one thing I had learned is to approach people and talk to them freely to get their responses. Next thing is sharing my law school experience keeping in mind that it would help a lot of people out there. And also I have learned to finish my tasks on time. As a whole, I had enjoyed this journey a lot.
– R. Jeeva Dharshini, Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
- It was an adventurous journey. I learnt a lot, from friends as well as from the Lawctopus Team. The experience was great. The Lawctopus Team was like our second family. They taught us many things like marketing and public outreach. They also taught us other things like content management and project management. I got to learn amazing skills and I also enjoyed every task. I made many new friends too. It was all possible because of Lawctopus.
– Ashutosh Raturi, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Lawctopus is a prestigious organisation that has assumed importance in a law student’s everyday need, so being their Campus Leader is no doubt a good-to-feel thing. It was an interactive program. I learnt how to give reviews on anything. It taught me how to manage time to complete a task along with mandatory works like studies and classes. I learnt to approach people, for help and suggestions. I also made a lot of new connections and friends.
– Mohammad Abid Siddiqui, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Lawctopus provides a platform for many law students to make their law school journey beautiful and productive. The things which I loved about them was that they always provided us the opportunity to grow and helped us in every task. The best thing about lawctopus was it never felt like burden to us. The tasks were interesting and not boring. And Lawctopus made the learning process more exciting through some fun loving activities.
– Srishti Priya, Bharati Vidyapeeth University’s New Law College, Pune
To apply for Lawctopus’ Campus Leaders Program, please fill the form here.
All the best!