The power “Media” commands in a polity has been appreciatively recognized in the modern times.
Apart from the conventional form of print and electronic media, technological advancements have led to the advent of a new branch namely, the social media, thereby facilitating further dissemination of information.
In India, media has undoubtedly played a pivotal role in upholding the democratic values by giving voice to the unheard cries of a common man.
At the same time, it has been accused of vitiating the judicial process through media trials, engaging into the menace of paid news and corrupt practices.
The debate that thus arises is that, in an era wherein the significance of the mass media cannot be undermined and it has been labelled as the “Fourth Pillar of Democracy”, what is the extent of regulation required to tame this indispensable arena.
In the light of the aforementioned issue, AMITY LAW SCHOOL, CENTRE-II, AMITY UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, invites research papers from academicians, professionals and students from the legal and media fraternity, to articulate upon regulating the Indian media.
• Constitutional Perspective and the Legislative Scaffold: Its Viability
• Need for a Regulatory Regime?
• Social Media: Its implications in the context of technological advancements
• Comparative Study in Global Perspective
The abstract must not exceed 300 words and should be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
• Title of the Paper
• Name of the Author(s)
• E-mail Address
• Postal Address
• Contact Number
• Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
• Both authors need to register separately.
• In case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
• The paper must be accompanied with the following details
A Cover Letter – Mentioning Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of College/ University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable) with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
Registration Form – Duly filled
Copy of the scanned Demand Draft (Registration fees)
• The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
• The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0. One-Inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
• Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
• The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words. (Including footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.).
• All submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word 2007/2010 (.doc) format only.
Method of Submission
All submissions for the conference have to be e-mailed to: email@example.com
• Last date of abstract submission: 31st August 2015
• Date of Intimation of accepted abstracts: 4th September 2015
• Last date of paper submission: 25th September 2015
• Last date of submission of scanned copy of DD along with the registration form: 11th September 2015
• Last date of receipt of DD and Registration Form: 18th September 2015
• Date of Conference: 1st October 2015
• Selected papers shall be published in book containing ISBN Number.
NOTE: No TA/DA shall be provided to the participants. Also, the decision of the Editorial Committee shall be final.
Academician/Lawyers/Media Persons Rs.1500/-
Research Scholars/P.G. Students Rs.1000/-
U.G. Students Rs. 800/-
Co-Authorship Rs. 2000/- for 2
Rs. 3000/- for 3
Ms. Vaishali Arora (Convener)
Assistant Professor of Law
Amity Law School, Centre-II
Amity University, Noida, UP
Mr. Mayank Srivastav: 08130178007
Mr. Suhas K. Hosamani: 08373924233
Mr. Utkarsh Chauhan: 07388100007