NLUJ Law Review (Journal) is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Submissions. The last date to submit the manuscripts is June 15th.
About the Journal
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and edited journal, focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law but is broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-related issues.
Call for Submissions
NLUJ Law Review invites original and unpublished manuscripts including, but not limited to, long articles, short articles, and case notes & comments, in different facets of law and allied fields from academicians, practitioners, legal professionals, research scholars and students.
1. Long Articles [6,000 – 8,000 words]: The category includes submissions that are comprehensively analysing a nuanced legal issue. It must contain an analysis of the current legal scenario, help the reader identify the lacunae therein, and provide constructive suggestions. The author(s) are also encouraged to provide their opinions and responses to the previous publications of the Review.
2. Short Articles [3,000 – 6,000 words]: The category includes submissions that undertake an in-depth study of specific legal issues and gives the reader valuable insight into the legal challenge identified by the author.
3. Case notes & Comments [1,500 – 3,000 words]: The category is inclusive of both case notes and comments that discuss any contemporary question of law. A case note must contain an argument that emphasizes on a legal dialogue or a definite point of law. A comment must contain a pivotal assessment of recent judicial decisions, recent legislation or policy reform proposals focusing on both national and international jurisdictions.
- The submissions made under the categories of Long Articles and Short Articles must enclose an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- The Review permits co-authorship of not more than two authors in the categories of Long Articles and Short Articles. Under the category of Case Notes & Comments, co-authorship is not permitted.
- All submissions to the Review should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication. Any form of plagiarism by the author(s) will lead to disqualification of the manuscript for the purposes of publication.
- Disclosure of information concerning the identity of the author(s) including, but not limited to name, institutional affiliation, professional details, etc., within the body of the manuscript or other properties of the document submitted is strictly prohibited. Any violation of the anonymity requirement will lead to disqualification of the manuscript for the purposes of the review process.
- The main content of the manuscript must be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- font style: Garamond;
font size: 12;
line spacing: 1.5;
headings and sub-headings in the document must be formatted in a uniform style.
- The footnotes must follow the 20th edition of the Bluebook and must be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- font style: Garamond;
- font size: 10;
- line spacing: 1.0;
- use of speaking footnotes and end-notes is discouraged.
- The first page of the manuscript must contain only the title of the paper, followed by the 200-word abstract. The second page must contain a table of contents; the main body of the manuscript should begin immediately thereafter.
- Submissions made under the category of Case Notes & Comments are exempted from including an abstract to the manuscript submitted.
- Submissions must adhere to the prescribed guidelines for the relevant category.
- The Review follows a three-stage double-blind review process. The three stages of the review, although time-consuming, ensure a thorough review of the content of the manuscripts that are selected for publication.
- In order to ensure transparency, the Review shall endeavour to notify the author(s) after the successful completion of each stage of the review process.
- The Review does not entertain any requests made to convey its decision or suggestions in relation to a manuscript on the basis of submission of an abstract, a proposed outline of the manuscript or on any other bases. The decision to accept or reject a manuscript will be taken only after the manuscript has been submitted, and review of the said manuscript has been completed.
- Manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Final acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Editorial Board.
- The Review reserves the right to request for copies of the resources or authorities as cited by the author(s) in the manuscript.
- The Review retains absolute discretion with respect to acceptance or rejection of the submissions made.
- Upon publication of the manuscript, the author(s) grant the Review an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce, publish and distribute their manuscript(s) in all media including but not limited to print and any electronic services. The licence is granted for the duration of the subsistence of the copyright including any extensions and/or renewals.
How to Submit?
Please fill the form available here to submit the manuscript.
Deadline for submitting the manuscript is June 15, 2021.
NLUJ Law Review: lawreviewnluj[at]gmail.com
Click here for the official brochure.
NLUJ Law Review’s LinkedIn Page
Interested in Call for Papers? Then, these might interest you.
- Call for Papers: MNLU Mumbai’s International Journal of Cyber Laws [Vol 1, Issue 1]: No Fees, Submit May 31
- Call for Papers by Law et Justicia Law Review Journal [Vol 2 Issue 1; No Fees]: Submit by May 20
- CfP: Supremo Amicus Vol 24 + 23rd Research Paper Competition [Indexed, 18 Databases, Google Scholar, ROAD, PIF: 6.242]: Prizes Worth Rs. 30K, Internship, Submit by May 15
- Call for Papers: Antardrishti IUD Journal of Interdisciplinary Research [AIJIR, Vol 1, Issue 2]: No Fees, Submit by May 7
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.