The NLUJ (NLU Jodhpur) Law Review (NLUJLR) Blog is inviting submissions by way of a call for submissions. The submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
About the NLUJLR
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and edited journal, focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing.
The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law but is broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-related issues.
Call for Submissions
The NLUJ Law Review Blog (the Blog) welcomes all kinds of submissions, including (but not limited to) articles, research pieces, opinions, case comments and short notes on any contemporary subject matter related to all the areas of law.
- Authorship: Co-authorship of up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Originality: All works must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
- Length: The word limit for the manuscript is 1500 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the editors – please discuss the same with the Board of Editors.
- Headings: Authors are encouraged to use headings to break up long posts. Headings should not be of more than one level and should be in bold.
- Font and spacing: The title of the post should be formatted to Garamond font size 14, All Caps and in bold. The main body of the text should be formatted to Garamond font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing with a single line space between paragraphs.
- Referencing: All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. Hyperlinks should be provided to all supporting materials and legal texts for the benefit of the readers. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. No speaking endnotes or footnotes are allowed.
How to Submit?
- Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’).
- Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post.
- To submit a post for consideration, please fill the Google Form which can be accessed by clicking here.
- All the manuscripts will go through a double-blind peer review.
- The review process of each manuscript may take up to 9 days, though the Board of Editors shall endeavour to respond back to the author(s) within a week.
- Please note that the Board will directly provide the decision to accept or reject the manuscript. The amendments and suggestions, if any, shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest.
- If the manuscript has been selected for publication, the authors will be expected to perform any necessary revision in good faith. Authors are also expected to be cooperative when it comes to minor editorial changes which might be necessary even after the submission of the edited manuscript by the author(s).