Indian Journal of Corporate Law and Policy or IJCLP is inviting applications for the role of Student Editors to fill up two vacancies.
Indian Journal of Corporate Law and Policy is a double-blind peer-reviewed, Triannual Journal. It is published by the Society for Progress in Research, Education and Development in Law (SPRED LAW) which is registered under The Societies Act, 1860 (Reg. No. LUC/09322/2019-2020).
About the Journal
The Journal aims at providing in-depth coverage of the corporate legal issues and policy reviews in India. It focuses on supplementing the corporate structure of India with the best quality reviewed research papers, researched articles, policy reviews, and researched blogs by students, academicians, research scholars, and practitioners which will be published after a double-blind peer review policy by the specific departmental field experts.
The journal aims to cover different areas of Corporate Law which will include Companies Law, Competition Law, Banking & Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Securities Law, Venture Capital, Intellectual Property Rights, Aviation Law, E-commerce Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Real Estate Laws, Labor & Employment Laws, and Cross-Disciplinary Subject.
IJCLP is open for applications from students and researchers to join the journal to maintain the editorial direction of the journal and to ensure engaging, thought-provoking, and original research publications. These vacancies will be allotted based on the credentials of the candidate.
IJCLP welcomes applications from editors with strong academic backgrounds and a keen affinity toward Corporate and Commercial Laws. The following shall be the criteria for selection:
- The applicant must be enrolled above the 2nd year (5-year course) or 1st year (3-year course) of the Undergraduate Program.
- The candidate must have a substantive understanding of in-laws related to Company law, Commercial Laws, Securities and Capital Markets, and other such corporate laws. Such understanding can be exhibited either through course curriculum in university, internships, moot court competitions, certificate courses, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience, however, absence of such shall not be a criterion for rejection.
- The candidate must have a good command of the English language.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected candidates shall have the following functions as editor of the journal:
- Preliminary review: Ensuring that the language, grammar and formatting is fit for further review.
- Preliminary changes: Suggesting preliminary modifications to befit the manuscript for further review.
- Content Review Stage I: Ensuring that the content is factually correct and relevant, the research done is sound, and the flow of the document is consistent. Under this category, the editor shall undertake thorough research on the subject matter and submit his/her suggestion for publication/rejection.
- Review Report: After the review the editor shall submit a Review Report along with the edited draft to his/her Managing Editor/Senior Editor for further review.
How to Apply?
The candidates have to mail the following at- info.ijclp[at]gmail.com
- Statement of Purpose (200 words) explaining why the candidate is suitable for the role.
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages)
- Writing Sample (Academic Paper – At least 1000 words) – It can be an unpublished paper or project. This would be to test the candidate’s command over the language and the ability to produce original thought. Each document shall undergo a plagiarism check and plagiarism beyond 10% shall attract disqualification.
Number of Vacancies
Applications must reach the latest by 10th of March, 2021 [11:59 PM].
If a candidate has any query, kindly contact at info.ijclp[at]gmail.com.
Keep following our ‘Internships and Small Projects‘ for more such opportunities!
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.