About the Faculty
Ms. Priya Garg teaches subjects revolving around corporate/commercial laws at Jindal.
She undertook the Bachelor of Civil Law programme (LL.M.) at the University of Oxford as a scholar with the Oxford-India Centre for Sustainable Development. She has also received various grants for her research work, one of which was given under the Catherine Hughes Fund.
She has completed her BA LLB (H) from National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata, again on scholarship. She has worked at Khaitan & Co. as an Associate. Further, she also gained first-hand experience at teaching and mentoring law students as a Teaching Assistant at NUJS.
Ms. Garg has written extensively on corporate/commercial law issues, among other areas of law. Her profile is available on the Oxford website and JGLS website.
Links to her Profile
Oxford University: Click here
JGLS: Click here
LinkedIn: Click here
Number of Vacancies
- Company Law/Corporate Insolvency Law: 2
- Human Rights Law: 3
- 3 months initially (starting October), can be extended depending upon the researcher’s performance.
- The researcher would be expected to dedicate 40-50 hours/month. There would be reasonable
flexibility to allow the accommodation of the researcher’s own professional commitments.
Law students pursuing BA LLB or LLB and fresh law graduates.
- Comfort with the use of IT.
- Good communication skills.
- Academic merit, knowledge and aptitude in the given area(s) of research.
Process of Selection
The candidates may submit their application on pgarg[at]jgu.edu.in with their resume by 10 October 2020.
The application may preferably be submitted either with a video clipping (of about 2 minutes) or a cover letter, introducing themselves and why they should be selected.
- Perks for the vacancies are non-monetary in nature, at least for the initial three months.
- Benefits may be sought such as authorship/co-authorship credits, law-school and corporate law mentorship, and possibly an academic/professional letter of recommendation.
Contact Ms. Priya Garg at pgarg[at]jgu.edu.in for any further queries.
More posts you might be interested in:
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.