University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University is organising a Two-day National Conference on ‘Women Empowerment- An Index of Human Development’ on March 28-29, 2014.
A platform will be provided in the conference where such issues will be discussed amongst academicians, judges, lawyers and social scientists; and a conference report will be prepared along with the recommendations for women empowerment and sent to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and also to the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
The broad theme of the conference is important not only for India but also for the women all over the world as they do not enjoy equal status and opportunity when compared to their male counter parts.
The sub-themes of the Proposed Conference are as under:
1. Women Empowerment; Discrimination, Violence and Harassment: Conceptual Contours
2. Women Empowerment: International Legal and Policy Framework
3. Women Empowerment: Constitutional, Legal and Judicial Measures and Policy Framework
4. Women Empowerment: Health and Reproductive Freedom
5. Women Empowerment: Education and Awareness about Legal Rights/ Remedies
6. Women Empowerment: Political, Social and Economic Facets
Professors:- Rs 1500/-
Students/ Research scholars- Rs 1000/
Participants are advised to make the demand draft in favour of Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at SBI, Chandigarh.
Last Date to send abstract: 18th March
Last Date to pay registration form & fees: 20th March
Conference: 28th & 29th March
Send Forms & Abstract to: email@example.com
The Convener, National Conference on Women Empowerment, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chanidgarh-160014.