The Syin & Sern Law Review are inviting submissions by way of a Call for Papers for Volume 2 Issue 1; Fall Issue.
About the Organisation
The Syin & Sern Law Review is a student-run organization [with students from Jindal Global Law School, National Law University- Delhi, and National Law University- Odisha], which publishes its journal under the aegis of its respected peer review panel. It is an international peer-reviewed journal and blog covering different subject areas of law. The Review is published twice a year, with each issue created with a focus on consequential contemporary legal scholarships. Syin & Sern Law Review ranks in the top 22 blogs in the world.
Its primary aim is to serve as a legal academic forum for students, academicians, lawyers, and judges. The Review follows a rigorous and stringent editorial process to ultimately heighten the substance and structure of the manuscript. Out of the 150 submissions received for our Issue 2, Syin & Sern published only 7 submissions (acceptance rate- 4.7%).
Any manuscript is edited in the following procedure- Copy Editor> Junior Editor> Senior Editor> Managing Editor> Deputy Chief Editor> Chief Editor> Faculty Editorial Board> Peer Review Panel.
The Syin & Sern Law Review will be acceptingsubmissions till the 25th of October.
We are currently accepting submissions on any law-related theme.
- Research Articles: It should be a comprehensive article discussing and analysing key developments or issues related to the theme.
The word limit for the same is 3500 to 10000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Short Posts/Short Notes: It should discuss new concepts, recent developments, or any old issue related to the theme. The word limit for the same is 1000 to 3000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comments/Reviews/Legislative Comments: It should contain a brief summary of facts, analyse the key issues, and capture the relevant findings of the case.
The word limit for the same is 1200 to 3000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Book Review/Artcile Review/Opinions: It should contain a brief review of the book; the author shall write the review from his point of view.
The word limit for the same is 800 to 3000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Blogs: Submissions will be accepted on the latest and/or relevant issues in different fields of Law. This can further include topics that have already been published elsewhere or at SS Law Review. Blogs are selected on a rolling basis. The word limit for the same is 1000 to 2000 words (Hyperlinks mandatory and 20th Bluebook footnotes). Syin & Sern accepts blogs on a rolling basis.
Syin & Sern does not charge any publication fee. DOI is also provided free of cost.
- The submission should reflect original, unpublished work and not under review in any other platform. A maximum similarity of 10% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in rejection of the article summarily without any chance of revision.
- We do not accept college submissions.
- Submissions must be ideally within the world limit frame.
- The submission should adhere to the following formatting style:
- Margins: 2.54 cm each side (or “Normal” Margins);
- Size: A4 Size Paper
- File Format: Docx.
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Alignment of Text: Justified
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- An abstract is mandatory. The word limit for the same is 300 words.
- The citation style should be consistent, and only the 20th Bluebook citation style should be followed.
- The submission should reflect original work. Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- All submissions shall be made through the form provided on the website. Submissions shall not be accepted if submitted via email.
- The publication may take a reviewing and processing time of 25 days. We tend to take such time because of the extensive and stringent editing process.
Perks for Publication
- Published articles shall be provided with free DOI, and all articles are published without any fee.
- Each author shall be provided with a publication certificate if the article/blog is published in the SS Law Review.
- Top 3 authors will be further provided with Publication Certificate and Medallist Certificate.
- Official e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org. Expected reply within 24-48 hours.
- Contact Number: +91-8433128396.