SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL, PUNE Tech Legal Cell
Call for Research Presentations & Working Papers for
One-Day Workshop on Evolving Trends in Intellectual Property Rights
on the occasion of the World IP Day 2017 (Innovation – Improving Lives); April 18, 2017
About the Workshop
Intellectual Property Rights form one of the most crucial areas where law intersects technology. Technological Development purports innovation, which is always sought to be protected.
Legal protection of innovation is assured through Intellectual Property Rights. Symbiosis International University (SIU), India in the year 2009 established the Symbiosis Centre for Research and Innovation (SCRI) to foster a culture of research in the University and has created an IP Policy with the objective of promoting creativity, generating IP awareness.
The proposed workshop is a step towards identifying and analyzing relevant contemporary trends in the growth/development of Intellectual Property.
The workshop aims to commemorate the World IP Day 2017 (April 26; Innovation – Improving Lives) by creating and spreading awareness amongst the students, faculty members regarding Intellectual Property.
The Tech Legal Cell of Symbiosis LawSchool, Pune and IP Cell, Symbiosis International University seek to organize this workshop. The sessions of the workshop shall include content delivery by resource persons and Research Opinions/Presentations by students.
Themes for Presentation
The Themes are merely recommendary and not exhaustive. Papers from other themes may also be encouraged
- IP Governance in India: Analysis of the Legislative Development of IP Laws
- Interdisciplinary Study of Intellectual Property Law
- Judicial Trends in Intellectual Property Law
- IP Litigation & Growing Trends in India
- Innovation – Improving Lives
Sessions & Schedule
The workshop shall commence at 10:00 AM and conclude at 05:00 PM on April 18, 2017
- Session I:IP Governance in India
- Session II:IP Filing Trends in India
- Session III:IP Litigation Landscape in India
- Session IV: Working Paper Presentations
Certificates & Publication
Every presenter shall receive a Certificate of Presentation.
All presenters are expected to register for the workshop and pay the requisite fee by NEFT or on arrival at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
Publication Opportunity shall be provided with an external journal approved by the college bearing an ISSN number.
- Selection of Presenting Papers would be done on the basis of originality, content, research and references.
- The working paper shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or before April 15, 2017 by 10:00 AM and shall not exceed 2500 words.
- The working papers shall be reviewed/evaluated and an intimation of confirmation for presentation shall be sent on a time-to-time basis.
- The participants who have been sent a confirmation of presentation are expected to send the Presentation File (if the mode of presentation is technology-enabled) on or before April 16, 2017 by 05:00 PM.
- The participants are expected to make prior arrangements of their travel to the college and in order to facilitate the same, the timely dispatch of the intimation of acceptance shall be ensured from the organizers. No accommodation shall be provided by the college
Registration Fee & Rewards
Every presenter for the competition shall register for the workshop in order to participate in the competition. The Registration Fee for the workshop is Rs. 500/-.
There shall be no separate participation fee for the competition. Every presenter shall get a Certificate of Presentation. The following shall be the reward scheme for the research work presenters.
- Best Research Work/Presentation– Cash Prize of Rs. 3000 + Award of Appreciation by Ms. Swapna Sundar, CEO, IPDome
- Runner-Up Best Research Work– Cash Prize of Rs. 2000
The final research papers of the Winning & Runner-Up entries shall be published in an external journal approved by the college bearing an ISSN number.
Other research papers may also be submitted for publication in the said journal subject to quality and editorial selection.
Students who would be presenting on the theme ‘Innovation – Improving Lives’ shall receive a special certificate from IPDome, Chennai signed by Ms. Swapna Sundar, author of IPSmartStudent, Practical Workbook on IP.
For any queries, please contact
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com