The Journal of Legal Studies (JLS) is National Law University, Delhi’s flagship journal.
It is an annual student edited, peer-reviewed law journal, which seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussions on varied issues of contemporary importance in domestic and international law and policy.
The aim of the journal is to provide a platform for discussion of matters relating to crucial developments in the legal field.
The Editorial Board is pleased to invite scholarly submissions from students, academicians, practitioners and researchers for the inaugural issue of the journal.
1. The Journal of Legal Studies invites submissions under the following categories-
Articles: 5,000 to 10,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
Book Reviews: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
2. It is advisable to choose a theme that is of contemporary relevance and has an issue of law to be engaged with analytically. Papers dealing with foreign themes, in any of the above categories, should also engage with its relevance in the Indian context.
3. Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
4. All submissions must have 1.5 line spacing in Times New Roman format, with font size 12.
5. Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
6. The submission must be an original unpublished work. Submissions should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
7. Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of National Law University, Delhi. Permission for any subsequent publication/reprint/derivative work/submission must be obtained from the Editorial Board of the JLS. The University reserves the right to reproduce, publish and distribute any paper submitted for publication in all media, including but not limited to electronic and print media.
8. Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. All submissions will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in instant rejection of the submission.
9. After review, manuscripts may be returned to authors suggesting changes to content, style or structure. Acceptance of the piece for publication may be made contingent upon incorporating the suggestions.
Submissions are accepted only in electronic form. The submission must be made in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format via e-mail to email@example.com with the email title as ‘Submission – JLS’.
The deadline for the submission of manuscripts is 15th March, 2017.
For any questions or clarifications, the authors may contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org