First published on 15th June, 2017.
The JOURNAL FOR DISABILITY STUDIES AND POLICY REVIEW (JDSPR) is peer-reviewed published bi-annually by Centre for Disability Studies and Health Laws, National Law University Assam, Guwahati.
This is one of the flagship journals of National Law University, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in country up by several notches.
It is a bi-annual faculty & students-edited journal focusing on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of disability studies and related issues.
Categories for Submission
The Publication Committee of JOURNAL FOR DISABILITY STUDIES AND POLICY REVIEW (JDSPR) is inviting quality research papers from:
Academicians and professionals (inter-disciplinary with law and social sciences);
Judges and Advocates;
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated.
It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings.
The submission can be sent under the following category:
Research Articles (5000 and 7000 words): Authors have to submit research papers which
comprehensively examine the topic. It should reflect innovative re-assessment of the theme.
It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance.
Purely theoretical-analytical pieces are also welcome.
Notes / Comments (2000 and 3500 words): This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions, analysis or criticism on recent development from the legal perspective.
Case / Report Comments (maximum 2500 words): This part should entail an analysis of
recent Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came.
Book Review (1000- 1500 words): The Reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same. The Hard copy of the book must be provided. [Word limit is inclusive of footnote]…
1. Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 fonts with 1.5 line spacing,
2. Justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet.
3. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10-font size with 1.0 line spacing.
4. Endnotes/Bibliography and in-text citations are not allowed.
5. Headings should follow the following standard:
TITLE OF THE SUBMISSION: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
HEADINGS: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
Sub-Headings: Title-case, bold, font size 12
Sub-Sub-Heading: Title-case, italics, font size 12
6. Submissions must contain an Abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper followed with five Keywords.
7. The Research Paper has to be submitted along with a Covering Letter, addressed to Mr. Sachin Sharma, Coordinator, Centre for Disability Studies and Health Laws, National Law University Assam.
8. Submissions must be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org (only in .docx format). The cover letter should include the author’s profile.
9. The submission must be the original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
10. Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
11. Mode of citation will be OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities), latest edition.
19th October, 2017 [Deadline extended]
For further queries kindly e-mail at email@example.com
Centres web page: Click HERE.
Website is HERE.
For further details, click HERE.