The Indian Journal of International Economic Law is now accepting submissions for its upcoming issue – Volume 6.
The Indian Journal of International Economic Law (IJIEL) is an annual law journal published by National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU) under the patronage of the Indian government sponsored chair on WTO Law.
The IJIEL accepts academic submissions in the form of articles, notes, comments or book reviews on a host of legal issues in the field of international economic law, which includes multidisciplinary research concerning the WTO, trade laws at various levels of government, financial institutions, regulatory subjects such as taxation and competition policy, various services sectors such as banking and brokerage, linkages to human rights and cultural problems and international commercial arbitration.
The Journal is also oriented towards publishing academic work that considers the aforementioned issues from a comparative perspective and/or the perspective of the developing world.
Papers may be submitted under the following categories:
i. Articles (5000 to 12000 words)
ii. Essays for the Law in Focus section (3000 to 5000 words)
iii. Case notes and Legislative Commentaries (2000 to 7000 words)
Book reviews are published through solicitations by the editorial board.
Articles must deal with a theme of interest or importance comprehensively and are expected to show an extensive coverage of existing literature and a high level of analysis.
Submissions in the form of essays for the ‘Law in Focus’ section must concisely analyse contemporary legislations, landmark treaties or other specific issues in international economic law of a contemporary nature.
The Editorial Board invites submissions for Volume No. 6 of 2014. The Journal follows a rolling submissions policy and the deadline for the forthcoming volume is 20th March, 2014.
The submissions received after this date shall be considered for the next volume. The submissions must relate to any of the broad themes mentioned above or any other aspect of international economic law, with a focus on developing country perspective.
1. All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
a. A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information.
b. An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission
2. No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author (s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
3. Submissions are preferred in Times New Roman font, double-spaced. Main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10.
4. The IJIEL uses only footnotes (and not end-notes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Bluebook (19th edn.) system of citation.
5. All contributions submitted to the Journal should be original.
Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscript to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
6. The IJIEL only accepts electronic submissions which may be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘IJIEL Vol. 6 Submission’. All submissions should be made in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx) and clearly indicate which category they are intended for.
For any clarifications, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected].