The Centre for Environment and Law, under the auspices of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, proposes to organize a National Seminar on Water Law and Policy in India, on 9th October 2014, for disseminating knowledge and awareness among various sections of the society.
The importance of water in sustaining life and the environment makes water conservation a major objective of environmental law. The Centre for Environment and Law is aimed at propagating and promoting discourse in the realm of environment and related legal issues. The Centre aims to provide a platform for stakeholders to collaborate over and study various policy decisions which impact the environment.
Papers are invited from students of law colleges/law schools and universities to be presented in the seminar.
The topic of the seminar is “National Water Law and Policy in India”
The seminar focuses mainly on the following themes:
1) Introduction to Water Laws and Policies in India.
2) Dams: Temples of Modern India or Death-Knell of Human Rights
3) Resolving Inter-State Water Disputes- with special reference to Mullaperiyar Dam controversy.
Suggested session topics:
1) Dam or Doom: Human rights perspective on development
2) Mulaperiyar: The way forward
3) Need for Water Law Reforms
4) Role of government in Inter-State water disputes – A rethinking?
1. Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to [email protected]
2. Each Article is expected to be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words.
3. The word limit for articles is set at 3000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
4. Abstracts must be submitted on or before 26 September 2014 and articles must be submitted before 6 October 2014.
5. Submission must contain a covering letter indicating name of the author(s), institution, e-mail id & contact number.
6. By submitting an article, the author is presumed to undertake that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
7. Articles found plagiarised will be summarily rejected.
8. Co – authorship is allowed (maximum of 2 authors).
1. All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
2. Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
3. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
4. Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
For further details or queries, please contact us at cel @nuals.ac.in
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.