SASTRA University is organising a Two Day long National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Laws on 25th and 26th of October, 2013.
It will primarily focus on the recent developments and changes in pharmaceutical sector and the shift change in Biotechnology vis-a-vis the intricacies of the relevant laws.
Main Theme: Emerging Trends in IPR
1) TRIPS : Its objects and advantages in streamlining IP regime across the globe and Patent Cooperation Treaty .
2) Patent law : Intricacies and Harmonization of Patent Laws.
ii) Pharmaceutical Industries
iii) Compulsory Licensing
iv) Patenting System India.
3) Trade mark issues in corporate life and SMSE
i) Trademark and Copyrights
ii) Passing Off
iii) Criminalization of Infringement
4) Copy Rights and Entertainment industries
i) Performing Arts including Performers Rights etc.
ii) Copyright Board: Issues surrounding Copyright Board
5) Interface between Designs and Copyright Laws.
6) Geographical Indications and protection of Traditional knowledge.
SUBMISSION DETAILS :
Research papers should be complete and original in content as the papers would be shared with all the participants. Papers should be restricted to 3000 words formatted in Times New Roman font size 12.5 with 1.5 line spacing.
LODGING DETAILS: Boarding and Lodging will be provided by the College
- Students and Research Scholars :INR 500
- Academicians : INR 1000
- Corporate and Others : INR 2000
Demand draft shall be drawn in favor of “The Registrar” SASTRA UNIVERSITY payable at Thanjavur.
- Release of the invitation :20.09.2013
- Last date for registration :05.10.2013
- Last date – submission of abstract :30.09.2013
- Last date – submission of final paper :20.10.2013
- Inauguration :25.10.2013
- Valedictory ceremony :26.10.2013
1. Prof. R. Rajyavardhanan: Ph. 90435 03013, Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prof. S. Sangeetha, Ph. 7639444655, Email id: email@example.com
The Submission Guidelines can be viewed HERE.
The Registration Form can be accessed HERE.
More information can be viewed in the Brochure.