About the Institute & Centre
Maharashtra National Law University (“MNLU”) Mumbai, established under the Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, is one of the premier National Law Universities in India.
The Centre for Information, Communication and Technology Law aims to be a centre for excellence in generating and disseminating the knowledge concerning the interrelationship between technology and law across the globe. It aims to fulfil the objectives: to explore the opportunities and challenges in the information society and provide legal and policy solutions; to serve as a platform to bring together experts, leaders and researchers from the technical and legal domain; to undertake, promote and disseminate core law and policy research in the techno-legal field.
The submission should be on the latest and/or relevant issues on the relationship between technology and the law. These shall include, but not be limited to:
- Telecommunications law
- Data protection
- Intellectual property rights
- Internet governance
- Software contracts
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Blockchain technology
- Digital currency
- Online Gaming
- Government functioning and Digitalization
- Digital Medicine
- Internet of Things
- Drone Technology
- Disruptive technology
- Virtual reality and Augmented reality
The submissions should be unpublished, original and not under review with any similar platform.
Submissions made may be considered for articles or for chapters in a book. The submission shall be made by the google form here. Submissions through emails will not be entertained.
The deadline for the full paper submission is October 20, 2021.
The selected papers will be published shortly by a reputed international publisher.
- Co-authorship: Co-authorship of up to three authors is permitted.
- Plagiarism: The submission should reflect original and unpublished work, not under review with a similar platform.
- A maximum similarity of 10% is allowed (subject to proper referencing). Non- adherence to this rule shall result in the rejection of the article summarily with no chance for improvement.
- Length: Submissions must ideally be limited to the following word limits (exclusive of citations).
- Abstract –The Submission must contain an abstract of a maximum of 500 words on its first page.
- Word Limit: Submissions must ideally be limited to the following word limits. However, the author can exceed the limit in case of necessity subject to the discretion of the Reviewer concerned. This limit shall be exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- Short Articles: 4000 to 5000 words
- Long Articles: 6000 to 10000 words
- Book Reviews: 2000 to 3000 words
- Case Comments: 3000 to 5000 words
- Legislative Comments: 3000 to 6000 Words
- o Book Chapter: 4000 to 8000 words
- Formatting: Submissions should be made only in Microsoft Word (.docx) format.
- The submission should adhere to the following formatting style.
- Heading 1 (1,2,3…): Times New Roman, Upper Case, Font size: 16, Line spacing: 1.5”, Justified.
- Heading 2 (1.1., 1.2.,1.3.,…): Times New Roman, Sentence Case, Font size: 14, Line spacing: 1.5” , Justified.
- Sub Heading (1.1.1.,…): Times New Roman, Small Caps Case, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”. , Justified.
- Sub-Sub Heading (optional) (a,b,c..) – Times New Roman, Bold-Italics, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”, Justified.
- Body: Times New Roman, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”
- Footnote: Font size: 10, Line spacing: 1”, Justified.
- Citation: Relevant sources such as judgments, laws, treaties, news article and other legal texts must be added as footnotes adhering to the uniform Bluebook 20th Edition citation style.
Every article undergoes a comprehensive three-tier peer review and is sent back with comments for improvement, suggested changes, or cogent reasons for rejection/selection.
Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Journal, the copyright over the manuscript is vested with MNLU Mumbai.
There are no application fees for publication or review.
Any queries can be addressed via mail at cictl[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in (Kindly mention “Query – University Submission”) at the mail.