Model Governance Foundation, Organizing Committee of Samvaad 2017, and GNLU Centre for Law and Society hereby invite original research papers and case studies on the following themes for publication in a book with an ISBN.
Samvaad 2017 is a 3-day National Youth Conference organized by the Model Governance Foundation in New Delhi from 30th June – 2nd July, 2017.
In its Second edition, the conference will include various events like Interactive Lectures, Paper Presentations, Guest Presentations, Debating Sessions, Group Discussions, Life Mapping Exercise, Leadership Development Conversation, and Social and Cultural Night.
We wish to engage young people in meaningful discussions and conversations aimed at making India an inclusively developed country. Our aim is to enhance the learning, sharing and networking experience of our delegates by making the event intimate and people-oriented.
30th June – 2nd July, 2017
Ek Bharat, Shreshth Bharat
Uniform Civil Code
Removal of Article 370 from Constitution of India
India v/s Bharat – Bridging the Divide
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao – Need of the Hour
Make in India – A Boost to India’s Manufacturing Sector
Startup India, Standup India – India’s Entrepreneurship Movement
Government of India’s Policies, Programmes and Schemes
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Juvenile Justice System
Right to Education
Right to Information
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
Goods and Services Tax
Corporate Social Responsibility
Growth, Development and Sustainability
Amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
Piracy and armed robbery against Ships
Implementation of IMO Instruments
Human Element, Training and Watch-keeping (HTW)
The topics listed above are just indicative and not exhaustive.
Therefore, you can select a topic of your own choice under the following broad themes:
Economics, Education, Governance, Healthcare, Information Technology, International Relations, Law, Public Policy, Management, and Strategy.
1. The submission is open to all students, research scholars, teachers and professionals around the world.
2. Co-authorship shall be permitted. There is no bar on the number of co-authors.
1. The work should be original, and must not be previously published or must not be in the stage of submission/consideration anywhere else.
2. The word limit, excluding footnotes, endnotes, references, and bibliography can range between 2500-7500 words.
3. An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the aims and motives of the paper. Word limit: 250-750 words.
4. Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
5. Main Text – Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
6. Footnotes – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
7. Citation Mode – Any uniform method of citation is allowed. However, you must name the method of citation used at the end of your submission.
8. Bibliographies or reference lists are welcome, but not necessary.
9. Each submission must be accompanied with a short description about the author(s).
1. The editorial board will follow the Anonymous Peer-Review policy for judging the submissions.
2. The editorial board reserves the right to reject or edit any paper whose content is offensive or defamatory, explicitly unethical or if it supports racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal activities or terrorism; similarly an article may be refused if the Board deems that it might harm the political or religious sentiments of interested readers in any manner.
3. The editorial board reserves the right to disqualify the paper on account of plagiarism.
4. The research paper should not infringe the copyright or any other right of a third party, if so, the Model Governance Foundation disclaims any responsibility for copyright violation or any other liability.
5. The research paper shall be considered the property of Model Governance Foundation, which reserves the right of publication of the same in any book or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
6. The editorial board reserves the right to vary, repeal, alter any of the rules, if as required, as they deem appropriate.
A soft copy of the research paper must be uploaded HERE.
31st December, 2016
1. This Call for Papers notice aims to invite research papers and case studies for the pre-event book of Samvaad 2017.
2. Types of Research Papers: Literature Review, Exploratory/Original Research, Case Study, Descriptive, Commentary or a mix of various types.
3. A Publication Certificate will be issued to the contributor(s) whose research paper(s)/case study(ies) is/are selected for publication in the book.
4. No Participation Certificate will be issued.
5. There is no Participation or Publication Fee for consideration and/or publication of your submission.
6. A separate Call for Papers notice for Samvaad 2017 Souvenir Book will be released on 1st January, 2017.
For any other queries, please write to us at [email protected]
For further details, click HERE.