Lex Lexicon Journal is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Papers for its Volume II Issue I, on legal and social happenings taking place in the contemporary world.
About the Journal
Lex Lexicon Journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed initiative undertaken by students of prominent law universities across the nation, who have taken a visionary approach to creating a reservoir of socio-legal discourse. The journal is dedicated to the facilitation of research in contemporary affairs about law and social policies, and intends to bring students, researchers, scholars, professionals, practitioners and academicians from multiple disciplines together on a single platform. It seeks to generate and disseminate thought-provoking academic discourse and provide critical opinions of legal luminaries to deliver to its readers an insight to understand the challenges faced by society.
The advisory panel of the journal includes numerous renowned legal luminaries. Prof. Rose Varghese (Former Vice-Chancellor NUALS, KOCHI), Prof. S Z Amani (Former Dean Faculty of Law Jamia Millia Islamia), Dr Prof. Romesh Gautam (Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India) Dr Shouvik Kumar Guha (Faculty, WBNUJS) and several eminent advocates and many distinguished faculties of prominent universities are on the board as standard-bearers of the journal.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board of the Lex Lexicon Journal (LexLJ) is accepting original and unpublished manuscripts enumerating and disclosing the legal and social happenings taking place in the contemporary world, for publication in Volume 2 Issue 1 of the Journal to be released in December 2021.
- Research Papers: 4,000 to 8,000 words;
- Long Articles: 3,500 to 5,500 words;
- Short Articles/Essays: 2,000 to 3,500 words;
- Case Comments: 1,500 to 2,500 words;
- Book Reviews: 1,000 to 2,000 words.
Note: Word limits are inclusive of footnotes.
Each submission must be accompanied by an Abstract. The word limit for the abstract shall not be more than 300 words.
The themes mentioned hereunder are illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Emerging jurisprudence of the right to be forgotten
- Legal analysis of clinical trials in India
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral awards
- Population law in India
- Patriarchy and judiciary
- Technological warfare: The need for regulating drones
- Socio-Legal analysis of white collar crimes
- Sedition law viz-a-viz the right to freedom of expression
- A critical review of tribunal reforms
- Artificial intelligence in judiciary
- Law and Digital Health Care- Enforceability in India
- Changing dimensions of the principle of refoulement in India
- Bail jurisprudence and superfluous conditions
- Compulsory Licensing and COVID-19
- Online platforms and the government control: An overview of new Information Technology rules.
- The submissions shall be original, unpublished and shall not be under consideration anywhere.
- Submission should be made in MS Word format (doc.) or (.docx).
- The manuscript shall be free from any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Plagiarised work shall be severely rejected.
The format shall be in the following manner:
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: Heading – 14, Content – 12, Footnotes – 10;
- Line Spacing – Main Content -1.5, Footnotes – 1
- Alignment – Justified
- Margins – 2.54 cm from all sides.
- The citation style shall strictly be in consonance with Harvard Bluebook (20th Edition)
- The non-compliance to the proper footnoting method shall be subject to rejection.
- All the submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter including the name of the author(s), the title of the paper, category of the submission, email-id, contact number and name of the institution. No personal information shall be mentioned in the body of the text or the file of the manuscript. The subject-line of the mail shall be “submission for volume 2 issue 1 – name of the author”. Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors and cover letter shall contain the details of both the authors.
- Authors are required to send their submissions at email@example.com in a word document format (.doc/.docx). The name of the document must be in the following format-Title of the Submission-Name of the Author.
There will be no publication/registration/submission/certification or any other charges.
- Last Date of Submission of Full Manuscript: 5th October 2021
- Journal (Vol II Issue 1) will be launched in the month of December 2021.
Official Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zeeshan Ahmad: 7781892121
- Masoom Reza: 8587080640
Click here for Lex Lexicon’s previous issues.