The KIIT Student Law Review (KSLR) is the flagship review (ISSN: 2348-4381) of the School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The School of Law, KIIT University, hereby announces a call for papers for the 2nd issue (Volume 1) of its annual Review (KSLR). We extend our invitation to law students (both postgraduates and undergraduates), professionals, lecturers, policy makers and others to send in their write-ups on the themes given.
The review, through its publications, seeks to generate interest for a better understanding of the major arenas of law and also to provide a national and international forum for debate on the comparative aspects and issues that are being discovered within societies during the passage of time.
The second issue of the Review would highlight the contemporary legal issues from areas such as constitutional law, international law, taxation law, intellectual property rights, business law and criminal law, which are giving impetus to discussion and deliberation, not only amongst the student community but also within the entire legal fraternity.
The 2nd issue of the Review invites write-ups on themes which can be found on our WEBSITE.
1. The review offers to publish writings in 5 categories. They are:
a. Articles between 5000-7000 words
b. Short articles between 3000-5000 words
c. Legislative Draft between 1200-2500 words
d. Case Comments between 2500-4000 words
e. Book reviews 1200-1500 words
2. The word limits are exclusive of footnotes and only footnotes are to be used and no end-notes or bibliography. The Bluebook (19th edition) is the style which is to be strictly adhered for citations.
3. The details of the authors are to be mentioned as footnote to the title of the paper on the 1st page. Sub-headings will be formatted in Normal with case size 12 in Times New Roman and Bolden. The body of the writing will be formatted in Normal with case size 12 in Times New Roman.
4. A short abstract is to be send along with the write-up not exceeding more than 300 words.
5. The submissions to be made only in Microsoft Word Format (.docx or .doc files) through email in the address email@example.com.
A short cover letter is to be send stating the topic of law covered by your paper and it’s category as demarcated in guideline no. 1.
Also, the declaration mentioned under guideline no. 8 is to be attached with the paper submission mail. The declaration should be a scanned .PDF or image (.jpg or .jpeg) file containing the signature of the author.
6. The Editorial Board holds power to disqualify any author’s work which is in non-compliance to these guidelines and also, holds the final copyright and all other rights regarding the work that is published after receiving such approval for publication and transfer of such rights from the author.
The Author in this regard has to send a declaration as to that the work has not been published anywhere else and such is not pending publication also. For any issues arising in contravening to such declaration, the Editorial Board or the Review shall not be liable. The author will then be personally liable for her actions.
7. Any requests or otherwise on this note will not be entertained and the Editorial Board will have complete discretion to disqualify any paper on grounds of failure to cope with these guidelines.
8. Each published paper will feature in the KIIT Student Law Review Issue 2 which will be published near Fall 2014. The authors whose papers are published will each receive a copy of the Issue, mailed to the address they provide along-with the copyright confirmation on selection of their paper as and when intimated to them.
For any Queries, or further details please visit the kslr.kls.ac.in.
Please refer to the Issue Submission Guidelines HERE.