1.To interrogate reforms and innovations that should spur quality and equity for societal empowerment.
2.To create a forum for discussion and exchange of current research findings among researchers, professionals and policy makers.
3.To provide a forum for industry players to show case their products and services.
4.To provide a forum for university students to showcase their research and innovations.
Research and Innovation for Societal Empowerment
a. Government Policies and Business Environment
b. Entrepreneurship and Innovation
c. Emerging Economies, Trade and Regional Development
d. Governance and Leadership
a. Engineering and Technology Innovations for Development
b. Mathematical Modeling for Understanding Societal Challenges
c. Information and Cyber Security Innovations for Economic Development
d. Applied Sciences for Sustainable Socio-economic Development
a. Educational Management in a Devolved System of Government
b. Language Literacy and Development
c. Faith and Social Concern
d. The Church on Conflict Resolution
e. Counseling and Substance Abuse in Education
a. Governance in Public Institutions
b. Corporate Governance
c. Environmental and Natural Resource Management
a. Innovation in Health Care Systems
b. Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
c. Promoting Health through Mitigating of Environmental Problems/Changes
d. Safe and Healthy Environment for Societal Empowerment.
a. Performing Arts in Community Development
b. The Role of Culture, Education and Performing Arts in the Creative Industry
c. Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise in Music and Performing Arts
d. Research and Policy Issues in Music and Performing Arts
Submission of Abstracts: 25th March, 2016
Notification of abstract acceptance: 29th April, 2016
Submission of Full Papers: 27th May, 2016
Submission of Student Exhibition: 10th June, 2016
Conference Dates: 12th to 15th July, 2016
Registration Dateline: 15th June, 2016
1. Abstracts (in soft copy not exceeding 300 words, and 1.5 line spacing) should be submitted not later than 25th March, 2016 for paper and poster presentations.
2. Abstracts should clearly state the problem, methodology, key findings, conclusions, recommendations and key words (not exceeding six).
3. Abstract should also include the names of the authors, their affiliations and addresses (postal, e-mail and telephone numbers)
4. The complete paper not exceeding 20 pages, A4 size, MS-Word format, Times New Roman with heading in Font Size 14 and the body text Font Size 12 with 1.5 line spacing should be submitted through the conference website on or before 27th May 2016.
The paper template is available in the conference portal.
5. All the references used in the paper should follow the American Psychological Association (APA) format.
6. Papers previously published elsewhere or currently under review for publication should not be submitted.
7. Authors should select the correct Symposium and subtheme for their presentation
Conference Registration Fees
Kenyan Participants KES 6,500
International participants US$ 150
Kabarak University Students KES 3,000
Students from other universities KES 3,500
Exhibitors Fees KES 20,000