The Editorial Board of Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs (JCLA) bearing ISSN 2518-8798 is pleased to invite submissions for its 2nd Issue of 4th Volume due to be published in November 2016
About The Journal
Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs is in its 4th year of publication. JCLA is student-run open-access law journal published bi-annually. We take pride in the fact that IJLT is the one of its kind of law journal in India devoted exclusively to the contemporary legal issues.
Previous issues have featured articles by distinguished authors which include judges, senior bureaucrats and internationally distinguished academicians.
We welcome submissions dealing with any broad area of contemporary legal issue. We have previously carried submissions and invite submissions in the areas of:
- Administration of Justice
- Business and Human Rights
- Climate change
- Death penalty
- Equal participation in political and public affairs
- Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Development – Good governance
- Human rights and the financial crisis
- Disability and Human Rights
- Human Rights of persons with disabilities
- Human Rights and the Environment
- Arbitrary Detention
- Arbitrary and Extrajudicial executions
- Right to Food
- Freedom of Opinion and Expression
- Freedom of peaceful assembly and of association
- Freedom of religion or belief
- Maternal and Child Health
This list is merely illustrative and we are happy to discuss other areas of interest as well. We generally encourage submissions with a developing country perspective or a comparative approach that benefits the developing world.
Word limit and footnoting style
A submission may fall within any of the following categories:
- Articles (3,000-5,000 words)
- Short Articles (2,500 words); and
- Essays (2,000 words)
The above limits are exclusive of footnotes. We are also open to discussing potential submissions that are substantially longer or shorter. Please get in touch with us for further information and to discuss any such proposals you may have. However, please note that we do not accept unsolicited book reviews.
Any footnoting style may be adopted as long as it is internally consistent.
- The last date of paper submissions is 25th October, 2016.
- A confirmation mail will be sent by 14th November, 2016 to the authors whose work has been shortlisted for publication.
- The printed copy of the journal will be dispatched to the authors whose article has been published by 30th November 2016.
- The Author will receive a printed copy of journal and certificate duly signed by Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor (2 copies of journal and 2 certificates in case of co-authored paper).
Format of Submissions
Please send in your submissions in MS Word (*.doc or *.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information in a separate cover page:
- Position / Year of Study
- Author contact information
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or +917859912123 for more information.